AMD

This forum is open to the general public. Keep it clean.
Ranker
No Image
No Image

AMD

Well, the new cards have came out. Seems all the new 300s are rebranded expect for the r9 290x and the fury cards, which are to be better than the other cards. The r9 290x benchmarks seem to compete with the stock gtx 980ti.

Jesus, I wonder what kind of cards they be coming up with next time. I don't know if I should wait or buy now, so tempting, but I can't wait any longer. =D

NVIDIA turn to deliver a blow!?
Milfeulle
Lt General
Lt General

I think that the question whether to buy a new card or not should be based on your satisfaction with you current card. If you think that it serves your needs in a sufficient degree still then you should hold on buying a new one. However, if you see that it basically ran out of juice and you can't play almost anything because of that then there is no reason to postpone it and just buy a new card which suits most of your needs with the best value for your budget.

ImageImageImageImage
Ranker
No Image
No Image

Yes,ma`am.
gt24
President
President

I tended to having the latest and greatest thing because those things quickly become outdated. Slightly older hardware tends to have a rather favorable cost to performance ratio. Besides, by the time I look at something, time has already passed and the first purchasers have already figured out all the hard questions (like of the recent AMD card was beat down by the recent Nvidia card or not).

For me, AMD's drivers were getting quite lousy and Nvidia's drivers were always decent enough. Nvidia's drivers haven't annoyed me recently and I haven't heard anything good to date from the AMD camp.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage