No Halo Training this week?

This forum is open to the general public. Keep it clean.
={101st}=shiNe!
Visitor
Visitor

No Halo Training this week?

I've been online waiting for people to get on the server... Was looking forward to it...
[center]
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
[/center]
Milfeulle
Lt General
Lt General

I'm sorry shiNe!, we rescheduled Halo training to Sunday for this weekend.
We will be conducting training at the same time (4 PM CST) tomorrow.

ImageImageImageImage
={101st}=shiNe!
Visitor
Visitor

Bummer. I'll be at work.
[center]
ImageImageImageImage
[/center]
Omega
Major General
Major General

Yeah, sorry about that Shine.

I've actually been thinking of posting a notice in the public lounge about Halo Trainings so people can see what we have going on for the week, since I know there are a few non-enlisted people that play Halo who might pop in, plus the general public.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
"my favorite drink is the tears of my enemies! :twisted: " - Milfeulle
={101st}=shiNe!
Visitor
Visitor

I would like that.
[center]
ImageImageImageImage
[/center]
Omega
Major General
Major General

Our event tonight is going to be melee only for the first part. Add (or message if we're friends already) me on Steam for the password to our server!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Redox?
Visitor
Visitor

why have locked trainings? tbh should have set time periods to at least pull people into your sv, including trainings.
[center]Image
ImageImage
#fkit420blazethamollys
Echo 199: you are the weirdest kid I know
Echo 199: legit

sP` Di$ni: i need a small screwdriver
sP` Di$ni: to stick up my ass
sP` Di$ni: brb

The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest.
All because they do not wish to see anyone else suffer the way they do.

[/center]
Milfeulle
Lt General
Lt General

It was only partially locked.

ImageImageImageImage
Omega
Major General
Major General

Redox? wrote:why have locked trainings? tbh should have set time periods to at least pull people into your sv, including trainings.
Most people in Halo these days aren't English speaking, so rather than trying to explain the concept of "Melee only" in their language I opt to lock the server for our melee games. And for the players that do understand english, not everyone has the self-control to play melee only, so I'd end up having to kick them anyway.

It just works out for the best if I lock the server so we can play in peace, then unlock it when we're done with melee games.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Sckewi
Visitor
Visitor

Was fun playing some melee only games! :D
Sckewi
Dr Lag
Visitor
Visitor

Shame I couldn't attend
these friken algger high pingers-Loyde
I have had less Lag running my call of duty 4 on Windows vista-A Radio
You know, I briefly spoke with you on Xfire a couple days ago, and for the rest of that day I had really bad in-game lag. :O-Shine
And now Lag is the one who is OP-Sock?
I Lag so bad when I engage someone close.-Slither
ImageImageImage
Lag
Thankx Sock? and Dart
gt24
President
President

Our training events are generally for our clan membership and as such are not publicly announced (and consequently the public would not be notified of schedule changes). We sometimes leave the server open for random members of the public to join based on how many folks are in the server. In most situations, you cannot join our clan during one of our training sessions (and the locked server is just a notification to that regard).

You can always suggest that we have scheduled events for the public and we will certainly read your suggestion and consider it. That being said, don't mistake our unlocked server as a scheduled public event.

We welcome you to keep an eye on our server and join when people are playing on it. We can't say if any of those times are training times though.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
={101st}=shiNe!
Visitor
Visitor

If the Trainings were announced for the public, you would likely be able to expect my attendance more often than not. I'm in no way interested in coming back to CC, and so this would be the only fashion that I would attend Halo division Trainings. I'm also not always on Steam, but I check most of the forums that I am apart of daily.

Also, your Halo server, your last server in the clan, only has people in it during Trainings. I do like playing Elimination and various other gametypes with old friends, but you have to know when they're online for Trainings or else you won't be able to play. And this only happens once a week.
[center]
ImageImageImageImage
[/center]
Malamutant!
General
General

Shine, we do have two other servers for CC. It is unfortunate to assume that we don't have one for our other divisions.

The server page is being updated, but is not a main priority of our clan at this time.
[center]Image
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Manatee <3
[/center]
={101st}=shiNe!
Visitor
Visitor

How is it a shame to assume your information page is incorrect? The public only knows what the public sees. You cannot expect us to know what we cannot see. LOL
[center]
ImageImageImageImage
[/center]
gt24
President
President

The page is already updated, we were just not putting a priority on updating that page per say.

As I mentioned in my posting, training is generally intended for our clan members and is there to be of benefit to our members. If a division wants to do public events or hold public training as it were then they would post something publicly.

Not being a member means that you do not have the same benefits as a member. Since you have no interest in being a member at this time, you cannot expect to receive the same benefits that one of our members receive.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
={101st}=shiNe!
Visitor
Visitor

Omega was the one who originally asked if we wanted him to post the trainings publically. I have every right to post a thread on the public forums asking what the training time is since it had obviously changed.
[center]
ImageImageImageImage
[/center]
={101st}=shiNe!
Visitor
Visitor

It is up to the division leader if he wants to reveal such info, and Omega clearly offered the idea of it in the first place.
[center]
ImageImageImageImage
[/center]
Milfeulle
Lt General
Lt General

There is no reason to be snappy about it shiNe!.

You are right that you have every right to post here asking for the training time for a training you would like to participate in (when it is indeed open to the public, which is somewhere around 90% of the time for Halo division).

You are also correct that it is up to the person who hosts the training to decide whether to reveal any info for the training in advance to a public board, or to public players via private communication channels (we usually pick the latter way to invite friends when the training is about to start and we see them online on Steam or Evolve).

The point we are trying to make here is that these decisions of what to share with the public are subject to our decisions, so you shouldn't be surprised if you are not always aware to all changes and updates in the clan, since clan members have the priority in knowing this information.

You are welcome to continue asking about anything clan related, either here or privately to anyone of us (via Steam, PM etc.). Just don't expect to be always in the loop of things, since this is a clan members privilege, it isn't a public privilege.

ImageImageImageImage