I'm not going to lie.....

This forum is open to the general public. Keep it clean.
SquidThingy
Visitor
Visitor

I'm not going to lie.....

Halo Online looks really fun! What's the point of Halo 5 anyway?

#shotsfired
Sig by Gizmo. ^^
~No bones, no fear~
Battlefield 3 division - Never forget
Darth Yusei
Visitor
Visitor

-slaps you- BLASPHEMER!

LETS REV IT UP!-Yusei Fudo (Yu-Gi-Oh! 5DS)

me: weeeeee lol why is it pink? why not white? or black? or idk
profiler editor:because ponies are pink that is why.

SquidThingy
Visitor
Visitor

Ok so Halo Online is buggy. Why didn't 343 work on it? Halo 5 is just Halo with jump jets and sprint. The campaign is unnecessary at this point. Halo Online splashes a blast of content and leaves Halo to the community. It's where Halo's development should end until a remake is viable.
Sig by Gizmo. ^^
~No bones, no fear~
Darth Yusei
Visitor
Visitor

A remake!!? More blasphemy

Darth Yusei
Visitor
Visitor

:P lol anyways whatsup squidward

Redox?
Visitor
Visitor

isnt it still in alpha/beta?
[center]Image
ImageImage
#fkit420blazethamollys
Echo 199: you are the weirdest kid I know
Echo 199: legit

sP` Di$ni: i need a small screwdriver
sP` Di$ni: to stick up my ass
sP` Di$ni: brb

The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest.
All because they do not wish to see anyone else suffer the way they do.

[/center]
SquidThingy
Visitor
Visitor

Yusei-High Priest of the Holy Halo: I meant a remake of Halo in like 2065.

Yusei: Not much! :D I've been thinking of getting back into gaming.

Redox: I don't know, but the amount of stuff in it is ridiculous!
Sig by Gizmo. ^^
~No bones, no fear~
Milfeulle
Lt General
Lt General

Redox? wrote:isnt it still in alpha/beta?
Apparently there is only a closed beta limited to Russia at this point (not sure why Russia of all places..).
On the bright side, the game is expected to be for Windows PC and in addition Free to Play (I'm not sure whether the latter is good or bad news).

ImageImageImageImage
Darth Yusei
Visitor
Visitor

SquidThingy wrote:Yusei-High Priest of the Holy Halo: I meant a remake of Halo in like 2065.

Yusei: Not much! :D I've been thinking of getting back into gaming.

Redox: I don't know, but the amount of stuff in it is ridiculous!
btw wait you were talking about halo 5 does this mean you gots a xbox?

SquidThingy
Visitor
Visitor

Darth Yusei wrote:btw wait you were talking about halo 5 does this mean you gots a xbox?
Nope.
Sig by Gizmo. ^^
~No bones, no fear~
Dr Lag
Visitor
Visitor

Yes i got Halo 5 and don't like it but still gonna force myself to play it. One thing I liked about Halo was the graphics were different and unique but now they made it to much like metal gear solid by screwing the graphics so bad it ruins the gameplay experience. As for Halo online still waiting for that to be released to the rest of Europe
these friken algger high pingers-Loyde
I have had less Lag running my call of duty 4 on Windows vista-A Radio
You know, I briefly spoke with you on Xfire a couple days ago, and for the rest of that day I had really bad in-game lag. :O-Shine
And now Lag is the one who is OP-Sock?
I Lag so bad when I engage someone close.-Slither
ImageImageImage
Lag
Thankx Sock? and Dart
FlamingFury
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Halo 5 is just another cliffhanger by 343 after Halo 2 nothing else.
[center]Image
Image\\
ImageAdmissions: Junior Consultant, Senior Consultant x2.
ImageIntelligence: Intelligence Detective.
CC WHITE KNIGHTS UNITE![/center]
Sckewi
Visitor
Visitor

I also think Halo Online looks pretty awesome. Would love to play it, but I don't want to download the hacked version.

I'm pretty confident it will get an official release on PC one of these days, hopefully on Steam like Spartan Assault/Spartan Strike.
Sckewi
gt24
President
President

I don't think Halo Online will ever release over here officially. It is a Russian company that got the Halo license to do Russian things. I don't know why Microsoft let them have license rights.

Microsoft could easily port any Halo to the PC platform yet stubbornly refuses to do it. If they ever decide to release Halo on PC again, I'm not sure how well it will do (PC folks moved on). Anyway, I'm not sure what the new Microsoft (meaning lead by the new CEO) will do anyway, the only thing we have to go on so far is Windows 10 which is an interesting experiment thus far.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sckewi
Visitor
Visitor

I hope you don't take this the wrong way but I hope you're wrong about Halo Online haha :P.

Although to be fair I'd prefer they release Halo 5 on PC but either would be great.

Considering how many signatures the petition to release Halo: The Master Chief collection on PC, I think there's a reasonable sized audience for Halo on PC, but I don't know if it's enough to justify Microsoft doing it. Although course, signing a petition and spending £40 on a game are two different things, so even though all those people signed that petition I guess it doesn't mean all those people are guaranteed sales.

I'd very likely buy Halo 5 on PC on day one xD, unless it came with an Xbox-Live Gold-like subscription fee, which they'd probably have to have since it has Microsoft paid behind-the-scenes dedicated servers, rather than Halo PC's master-server/community hosted servers.
Sckewi
gt24
President
President

I hope I'm wrong too! Halo should be available on more platforms.

I don't mind if something Halo like (but isn't Halo) was released on PC though. Then again that may be because I like silly vehicle mechanics.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Zoro!

Here's my thoughts on the Halo series and pc. The PC versions can't be released too soon or they might hurt sales of the Console versions. Why was halo 3 not released then? The MCC probably has been in the works for awhile. I say we wait till halo 7 and then if we don't get halo 3 we should give up on halo ever coming to us PC folks.

What has surprised me is the fact that halo 1 or a fixed version of halo 2 haven't been offered on the Microsoft store on Steam. It can't hurt them seeing as the ports exist (halo 2 does need fixing and restarted but thats it). I think releasing them digitally would be the way for them to milk the PC community without giving us anything new.

Now onto halo like games. Halo's story was made by Bungie and was already written out ahead of time. If you've read the novels, comics, played all the games, etc etc, you get the full halo experience. Bungie's latest release is Destiny. Destiny is like Halo and I would be very happy if it came to PC one day. There is a lot of lore to Destiny and in a typical Bungie fashion, the story is all written up ahead of time and not all found in the game.

What Bungie will do is up in the air (we might see Destiny eventually) and everything microsoft (mainly 343) does regarding the PC community is subject to change at their whims. Halo online will most likely not get a US release and Halo 3 will probably not ever come to PC (I sincerely hope i'm wrong). The studio calling the shots on Halo now on the other hand has a very negative approach and from what I have seen have tried to ruin the Halo franchise. I was shocked that there is no split screen for Halo 5 and Forge mode doesn't come out till December. Thanks a lot 343 studios.

On a sidenote: Windows 10 is similar to the xbone. Maybe the two will become 1 giant system with cross compatibility but if i'm forced to get Windows Live i will be very annoyed.
[center]
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Most recent anime finished: Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!
Positions held: TO, AXO, ACO Halo, Intel Detective,
Data Analyst, Corps Police, Game Night Host
[/center]
Sckewi
Visitor
Visitor

I was also hoping for a Steam re-release of Halo 1/2 too. Especially if they added Steam achievements and maybe some stats like Xfire used to track (although I don't know if Steam does that for official game).

Although it's not quite as good, you can add Halo to Steam as a non-Steam game. At the bottom right of Steam's interface you can click Add a game, and then add a non-Steam game. It doesn't give you all of Steam's features but you get an in-game overlay with a decent web browser to avoid text-lag. And sorry if you already knew that xD.

I did recently stumble accross an upcoming Steam game which does resemble Halo in some ways. It's motto is "Frag like it's 1999", and it's a modern yet old fashioned arena based shooter with good graphics and older-FPS style gameplay e.g. no levelling up, no classes, no in-app-purchases etc. I think it looks pretty good and will probably buy it when it comes out of Beta http://store.steampowered.com/app/324810/. Halo 1 PC will always be my favourite shooter though, but I will most likely check this out.
Sckewi
Sckewi
Visitor
Visitor

*bottom left
Sckewi
Zoro!

What has surprised me is that the halo spartan ops and spartan assault games are on steam and Microsoft won't put the 1st and 2nd game (you can't even play halo 2 anymore) on Steam. I think its a missed opportunity for them to make money. I would be very happy if I could use my CD keys for both of those games if they ever went to Steam.
[center]
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Most recent anime finished: Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!
Positions held: TO, AXO, ACO Halo, Intel Detective,
Data Analyst, Corps Police, Game Night Host
[/center]
SquidThingy
Visitor
Visitor

As long as the Xbox One is still viewed as a lackluster, console Microsoft will continue to keep Halo an exclusive for it.

But really, NO SPLIT SCREEN? What's the point of a console then? That's like the biggest selling point! Why? WHY?
Sig by Gizmo. ^^
~No bones, no fear~
Redox?
Visitor
Visitor

SquidThingy wrote:As long as the Xbox One is still viewed as a lackluster, console Microsoft will continue to keep Halo an exclusive for it.

But really, NO SPLIT SCREEN? What's the point of a console then? That's like the biggest selling point! Why? WHY?
how is xbox 1 considered lackluster?

halo 3 was released exclusively for xbox 360, leaving all owners of basic xbox left in the dust.

basically a marketing ploy by microsoft. if you want to play new and improved, you've got to upgrade.

I dont see halo5 ever being released for pc. and if it ever is, it wont be for a long time.
[center]Image
ImageImage
#fkit420blazethamollys
Echo 199: you are the weirdest kid I know
Echo 199: legit

sP` Di$ni: i need a small screwdriver
sP` Di$ni: to stick up my ass
sP` Di$ni: brb

The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest.
All because they do not wish to see anyone else suffer the way they do.

[/center]
Dr Lag
Visitor
Visitor

Well i think Microsoft have no choice but to release Halo MCC, Reach and 5 on pc to keep up with the competition otherwise it won't last long given the success on playstation and Nintendo
these friken algger high pingers-Loyde
I have had less Lag running my call of duty 4 on Windows vista-A Radio
You know, I briefly spoke with you on Xfire a couple days ago, and for the rest of that day I had really bad in-game lag. :O-Shine
And now Lag is the one who is OP-Sock?
I Lag so bad when I engage someone close.-Slither
ImageImageImage
Lag
Thankx Sock? and Dart
={101st}=shiNe!
Visitor
Visitor

Dr Lag wrote:Well i think Microsoft have no choice but to release Halo MCC, Reach and 5 on pc to keep up with the competition otherwise it won't last long given the success on playstation and Nintendo
Lol... wut even....
[center]
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
[/center]