star wars discussion thread (SPOILER ALERT)

This forum is open to the general public. Keep it clean.
Dr Lag
Visitor
Visitor

star wars discussion thread (SPOILER ALERT)

So for those who have seen star wars what did you make of it. I enjoyed it as it was the first star wars i seen in the cinema however i would have liked more fight scenes which were different to those previously done.
these friken algger high pingers-Loyde
I have had less Lag running my call of duty 4 on Windows vista-A Radio
You know, I briefly spoke with you on Xfire a couple days ago, and for the rest of that day I had really bad in-game lag. :O-Shine
And now Lag is the one who is OP-Sock?
I Lag so bad when I engage someone close.-Slither
ImageImageImage
Lag
Thankx Sock? and Dart
Zoro!

I enjoyed the movie as it was my first one I've seen in a movie theater. I'm picking up that DVD in the future. I would have preferred more Luke in the movie. His name is right there on the poster but only about 2 minutes if that of seeing Luke.
I actually liked the fight scenes because I noticed how they changed the lightsabers from being one beam to closer to fire or lightning where it extends and can burn. I think that the lightsaber duel is the focal point of the action in all of the movies and I found the battle enjoyable but not as much as some other lightsaber battles. I think the battle was a step back from the battle we saw between Annikan and Obi-Wan or any of the fights in the Prequels. I was hoping that the fight would be more epic. I would rank it in the weaker half of the lightsaber battles (its. I'm hoping in episode 8 for another great fight between Kylo and Rey. I'm thinking that there will be a small skip in time between 7 and 8 which will be Kylo and Rey training and then episode 8 will start.
I really like the Kylo character as he reminds me of another character that was in the expanded universe. This character looks like Kylo as well to some degree.
[center]
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Most recent anime finished: Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!
Positions held: TO, AXO, ACO Halo, Intel Detective,
Data Analyst, Corps Police, Game Night Host
[/center]
Vendetta
CChief MSgt
CChief MSgt

Finally saw it today and it was great! I really like the characters, Poe is probably my new favorite. I liked the fight scene with Finn/Rey against Kylo Ren. It was great seeing Han and Chewie again, though I'm surprised what they did with Han near the end. I really can't take the name Supreme Leader 'Snoke' seriously. Who thought that was a good idea for a bad guy in the first place? Really fun movie, I'll be looking forward to getting the DVD.
Spor
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

This guy was my favorite.

[center]Image
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Current Song :: TOOL :: Vicarious[/center]
Omega
Major General
Major General

I loved all the Stormtrooper action myself; I actually prefer the Empire over the "Rebels." :D

I liked the movie overall, since it had all the flavor of a Starwars movie: A riveting story, blaster fights, "space" combat, and a good Lightsaber fight to top it all off. (No mater how much Rey, Finn, and Ben looked like little kids swinging sticks around. :lol:)

I'm eager to learn more about this "Captain Phasma", and Snoke...
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
"my favorite drink is the tears of my enemies! :twisted: " - Milfeulle
Dr Lag
Visitor
Visitor

Omega wrote:I loved all the Stormtrooper action myself; I actually prefer the Empire over the "Rebels." :D

I liked the movie overall, since it had all the flavor of a Starwars movie: A riveting story, blaster fights, "space" combat, and a good Lightsaber fight to top it all off. (No mater how much Rey, Finn, and Ben looked like little kids swinging sticks around. :lol:)

I'm eager to learn more about this "Captain Phasma", and Snoke...
captain phasma is Boba Fett and Snoke is Luke skywalker :D
these friken algger high pingers-Loyde
I have had less Lag running my call of duty 4 on Windows vista-A Radio
You know, I briefly spoke with you on Xfire a couple days ago, and for the rest of that day I had really bad in-game lag. :O-Shine
And now Lag is the one who is OP-Sock?
I Lag so bad when I engage someone close.-Slither
ImageImageImage
Lag
Thankx Sock? and Dart
Omega
Major General
Major General

Now that would be an interesting twist... :lol:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
"my favorite drink is the tears of my enemies! :twisted: " - Milfeulle
={101st}=shiNe!
Visitor
Visitor

Tell me, how did The First Order come to be in just 25 maybe 30 years time after the Rebels destroyed them so bad in the last movie?
[center]
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
[/center]
Malamutant!
General
General

shiNe! wrote:Tell me, how did The First Order come to be in just 25 maybe 30 years time after the Rebels destroyed them so bad in the last movie?
Well... the Rebels killed the Emperor and destroyed Death Star 2, but they didn't destroy the entire Imperial Navy. Granted, the final battle over Endor used all of the Rebellion's fleet, not all of the Imperial fleet was there because it was a surprise attack.

Anyway, that is kind of what I'm thinking as far as their ability to get ships and things. In the movie they mention that Finn was taken from his family at a young age (probably a couple of years after RoJ given Finn's probable age) and this is likely to the shortened life span of Clones since they had the rapid growth hormones and such, so the First Order was using any extra Stormtroopers left over and then adding their own as time went on (Also keeping in mind that the Empire started recruiting non-clones as well when the Clones were getting too old towards the end of the OT).

TL;DR The Empire got a blow at the battle of Endor and the Emperor was killed, but the next big bad guy (Snoke) came during a power-vacuum to take control of the rest of the Imperial Forces.
[center]Image
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Manatee <3
[/center]
Incubus828
Brig General
Brig General

First Order isn't the Empire, and the Republic is probably a bigger faction than they are. The things that I noticed in the movie is that there isn't any talk of major engagement between the Order and the Republic, and even then its pretty much insinuated that the First Order will not directly engage the Resistance because they are supported by Republic Fleets. I would think that all they had to do was grab Some of the old Empire's resources, re-design the Stormtroopers' Armor to look more of their style, and then start abducting children for conditioning (mentioned by the General more than once) into Stormtroopers.

Insert the new movie, and they blow up the Hosnian System (New Republic Capital)and pretty much assert dominance. Most of the Republic fleet is supposed to be there, so busting it up deals a major blow and now no one can really contest who is the boss.

Edit: Mala's theory is probably more along the lines of what would actually happen, Posted his while I was writing mine :P
Last edited by Incubus828 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's high time we kicked this Revolution into Overdrive -Jim Raynor
He has the map awareness of a kitchen shelf! -Soapy
I learned that Southwest MN to Idaho looks the exact same and people really enjoy steam coming out of the ground -Hamp
ImageImageImage
={101st}=shiNe!
Visitor
Visitor

That solves the fleet questions, but how did they build a giant deathstar replica so quickly?
[center]
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
[/center]
Zoro!

I don't think it was quickly. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it said during the speech on the starkiller that their years of work would finally pay off or something along those lines. Star Wars Episode 7 takes place more than 30 years after Return of the Jedi. They had a very long time to build one. Factor in how long it took for the first order to get snoke as their leader. I would say they had at most 20 years to build a starkiller. Also, the starkiller isn't a deathstar replica as it's much bigger and as seen in the film, can shoot 5 planets at once. It is a much more powerful weapon than the empire's ultimate weapon.

The only question I have about the starkiller is how the New Republic didn't notice this weapon. Can someone answer that question for me?
[center]
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Most recent anime finished: Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!
Positions held: TO, AXO, ACO Halo, Intel Detective,
Data Analyst, Corps Police, Game Night Host
[/center]
Vendetta
CChief MSgt
CChief MSgt

shiNe! wrote:Tell me, how did The First Order come to be in just 25 maybe 30 years time after the Rebels destroyed them so bad in the last movie?
From what I've read, near the end of the Galactic Civil War there was a treaty signed by both the Rebel and Imperials. The Rebels paved the way for the New Republic which had the Senate moved from Courascant to a new planet called Hosnian Prime (which, I believe gets destroyed by the Starkiller). The First Order are remnants of the Empire who basically went into hiding and began building weapons while disregarding the treaty basically saying that they can't. Characters like General Hux and many other First Order officers are children of parents who served the Empire. Think of Germany when they lost the first World War. They weren't allowed to make any more weapons, but they still did behind closed curtains. The New Republic, at first, didn't see the First Order as a threat, but Leia Organa took matters into her own hands and built up the Resistance (keep in mind they are NOT with the New Republic) to fight the First Order. War hasn't officially started despite some confrontations between the First Order and the Resistance, but the New Republic will certainly take some action, now. There are still many things we don't know, like who exactly is Supreme Leader Snoke? Who are the Knights of Ren? What exactly happened when Luke was trying to rebuild the Jedi Order? And who exactly is Rey?