Hello! Any MMO recommendations?

This forum is open to the general public. Keep it clean.
Elliott
Visitor
Visitor

Hello! Any MMO recommendations?

Hey CC clan, just came by to say hello and see how things going. I was also wondering if anyone had any tips on some type of MMO game that would be interesting to play. I'm currently subbed in FFXIV, but I wanted to try out something more sandbox than theme-park.

I've tried WoW (might try it again) ArcheAge, EvE Online (just a trial for now), FFXIV, but was looking for something different. Any suggestions?

(Currently Downloading Black Desert Online. Even though I heard it might become pay to win.)
ImageImageImage
-Andrew-
Visitor
Visitor

Hi!

I've heard great things about the game TERA, which is a very popular mmorpg on Steam...I have yet to play it but it looks pretty fun. Dunno if that's your style of game, but you could give it a shot!
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."
"Dear Math, please grow up and solve your own problems, I'm tired of solving them for you."
Rumpelstiltskin
Major General
Major General

*Blinks*

Tera is great. I am a fan of Blade and Soul but haven't played in about a month?
ImageImageImageImageImage
The Buddy System FT*W!
Live long TheNation!
Grand Theft Auto Online -- RumpelDon
tom_
Chief MSgt
Chief MSgt

I had some fun returning to WoW for Legion.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Malamutant!
General
General

*glazed over look*
... theme park... sandbox...
Roller Coaster Tycoon 3

--

Hi!! :)
[center]Image
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Manatee <3
[/center]
Milfeulle
Lt General
Lt General

Hey there Elliot~ Long time no see, how are you doing?

I recommend MapleStory, I've played it for years now and still enjoy it a lot.
MapleStory is a 2D Action Platformer MMORPG with anime like Chibi graphics and a lot of constantly updated content with a huge amount of character customization.

ImageImageImageImage
Elliott
Visitor
Visitor

Hello all! I haven't tried Tera out, and Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. However I have played Maplestory waaaaaaaaaay back when in like 2006-07, that was a decent game, but i lost interest. Maybe i should try it again.

Overall i've been doing good, busy with work and school. How have you been Milfeulle?
ImageImageImage
Milfeulle
Lt General
Lt General

You definitely should Elliot, and if you want help and someone to teach you the ropes you are welcome to add me on Steam and in-game (I play in Bera server-world so make your new character there if you want my guidance).

I've been great! Thank you for asking ^-^
I finished my military service more than two years ago, and am now during the last stages of my Bachelor's degree in University. I also started working in a public library in the past year and considering studying to become a Professional Librarian in the next stage of my education after I'm finished with my B.A. in History. :)

ImageImageImageImage
Malamutant!
General
General

just wanna be transparent.... RCT3 is not an MMO.... it was a joke about being a sandbox and theme park game lol
[center]Image
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Manatee <3
[/center]
={101st}=shiNe!
Visitor
Visitor

Malamutant! wrote:just wanna be transparent.... RCT3 is not an MMO.... it was a joke about being a sandbox and theme park game lol
awkward
[center]
Image Image Image ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
[/center]
tom_
Chief MSgt
Chief MSgt

RCT3 would make the best mmo
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Chem
Lt Colonel
Lt Colonel

Tera and Blade and Soul are my top 2 picks. Although no one plays them with me anymore so i havent played in a long time QQ.

Don't bother with black desert though you will regret it lol. Unless you like to stumble around like a 50 year old drunk person all day with a creepy yet cute sidekick that wants to eat everyone and everything. The story to it is good, how they go about telling it super sucks, its all pvp, grind, pvp, grind, get tired of grinding, pvp, pvp, pvp, get tired of pvp, find a new mmo.

Havent tried EvE yet but i hear its a 8923687 times better then when it was released. Dont bother with ArcheAge, its pretty dead now (just ask foote).
CorpsRambo
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Hello! Any MMO recommendations?

Elliott wrote:Hey CC clan, just came by to say hello and see how things going. I was also wondering if anyone had any tips on some type of MMO game that would be interesting to play. I'm currently subbed in FFXIV, but I wanted to try out something more sandbox than theme-park.

I've tried WoW (might try it again) ArcheAge, EvE Online (just a trial for now), FFXIV, but was looking for something different. Any suggestions?

(Currently Downloading Black Desert Online. Even though I heard it might become pay to win.)
Hi, pay to win is true for almost all MMOs nowdays, it's extremly sad, but it's a fact, and we players must to look for ways to just go around it. One of the being are auction houses like https://mmoauctions.com/archeage/items - from there I bought two epic items for ArcheAge what hyperspaced my game progress. In the long term perspective farming is the best option, but now and then it's a good idea to supply yourself with superb items to boost your play. I figured it out myslef and and after many other wrongs that I did back when I started. Now from the time perspective I can vouch for ArcheAge to be worh to play, but would also like to point out that you gotta know where to put your money if ever.
Malamutant!
General
General

This is an old thread. Don’t bump stuff from 3.5 years ago please.
[center]Image
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Manatee <3
[/center]