An Arbitrary Reminiscing

This forum is open to the general public. Keep it clean.
THeFraz
Visitor
Visitor

An Arbitrary Reminiscing

I can’t believe it’s been 7 years since I first joined CC, and yet I can’t believe it was only 7 years ago that I joined CC. It kind of doesn’t feel real, or it feels like an alternate reality or a dream or something. I’m just so removed from that time now, and honestly my time here really has had no consequence on my life at this point. I don’t speak to anyone from back then, and I kept all of my CC affairs pretty far away from my everyday existence. All the remnants of my time here are my Steam Profile Pic, Steam name, a copy of Kane and Lynch 2 someone here mailed me free of charge and the updates on Facebook from an old member that it’s been too long to catch up with.
My story here isn’t full of drama or intrigue really. I was recruited by a member named WaMio, who I never knew very well and he soon after resigned / dropped off the radar. I started out a part of the lively TF2 roster, where I would play our Arena Badlands server non-stop. Mostly we just goofed around: cracking wise, holding spycrab and sandwich parties, honoring the final two melee duel, changing our usernames constantly in a match for whatever joke we’d come up with that day. But I grinded on the combat reports and got to a decent rank when I transferred to the Day of Defeat roster cuz the member Big Boss (who I looked up to an embarrassing amount) convinced me that we could ascend the totem pole since the division was so small. Things were simple for me here, just a nice home away from home. I of course was here to spectate some actual drama. The Pokemon clan beef, the sudden and harrowing death of member Tomahorn (I still have one of his TF2 hats that was passed around through a few people, and I don’t know what to do with such a heavy artifact), and the Mio 199 mass exodus which concluded my time here.
It seems kind of quaint now, but the reason I’m on the verge of tears writing this is because of the tragedy that something so integral to my personage at one time could almost completely vanish from who I am now. My friendships have all dissipated: Big Boss, Firedog, Fatmoss, Yuki, Scondoro, FunnyLimes, Mio, Magnum, along with a bunch of other unmarked graves. I guess this is all to say that when you are a part of CC, make sure to cherish your time. You might not be a member forever, and its so easy to let these digital ties become undone. Thanks gt for starting this clan. Besides my initial recruitment and transfer to the Day of Defeat division, we probably never typed a word to each other. And I realize I resigned for some CC politics reasons. But If it wasn’t for this group, my high school years would have been a hell of a lot less interesting. And thank you to everyone who ever interacted with my on these forums or on the servers. I lied when I said CC had no consequence on me. Your invisible finger prints plaster my being. I just wish I knew which ones were yours.
ImageImage

Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.
Sig by The One, The Only... ECHOS (aka Tok'Rah)
Avatar done by my lovely recruit, MAGNUM FORCE
Chem
Lt Colonel
Lt Colonel

Everything is what you make of it on the internet, it's never to late to strike up a conversation with old friends either here or on steam. They will appreciate it as much as you will. The clan has been to me much as it has been to you. Even though I'm still here a lot of friends I once knew are not. It has no lasting effect on your real life but a big impact on your personality as a whole and the friends you make here last forever and are irreplaceable and speaking personally, I miss a lot of them. So don't be shy, hit them up on Steam if you feel up to it. You wont regret it.
THeFraz
Visitor
Visitor

Unfortunately I purged my Steam friends list a while ago so it'll be hard to find them all. What's more, I don't really know what I'd say. I probably can't recall much of the good times we had, only vague impressions of what we did. I think its just a bit too late is all.
ImageImage

Dr Lag
Visitor
Visitor

I only remember you by your mesmerising profile picture lol

Hi how you been
these friken algger high pingers-Loyde
I have had less Lag running my call of duty 4 on Windows vista-A Radio
You know, I briefly spoke with you on Xfire a couple days ago, and for the rest of that day I had really bad in-game lag. :O-Shine
And now Lag is the one who is OP-Sock?
I Lag so bad when I engage someone close.-Slither
ImageImageImage
Lag
Thankx Sock? and Dart
Chem
Lt Colonel
Lt Colonel

http://steamcommunity.com/id/scondoro
http://steamcommunity.com/id/yuki264
http://steamcommunity.com/id/mioman

Scondoro, Yuki, and Mio. If you change your mind I can find the rest later but I'm at work atm so it's hard when you can't log into steam lol. The whole point of talking to old friends is to remember the old times when you are having trouble doing so yourself :P
THeFraz
Visitor
Visitor

@ Dr Lag I'm good, just working n doing the old college. Been playing PUBG with some close friends and the random indie game

@ Chem Well thank you for the links. Idk if I'll do anything with them, but if my curiosity is sparked I will come here
ImageImage

Bert!
Captain
Captain

Seems like a lot of other CC'ers are doing the PUBG thing as well.
Ha, look at the joined date, I joined the day before. I remember you, nice to see the reminiscing.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

"Good judgement comes from experience; Experience comes from bad judgement."(Hoosier proverb).
.......................................................................................................................................................................................I Killed a midget and laughed like a madman.................................................................................................................................................................................
Dartscale
Captain
Captain

Not sure if you remember me, but damn you almost made me cry right now.
I know I'm replying to this late but I'm glad I read this. It's always nice reminiscing old times with members of this clan, either in or out. I miss talking with a lot of members. Firedog was one of the people I connected with the most the beginning of my time here in CC. I was ALWAYS getting in trouble with Mio when I first joined, she banned me a couple times from the badlands server due to my excessive cussing xD. But once that was worked passed I was actually able to be friends with her. I would join the Badlands server as much as possible just to play with everyone in the TF2 division. When the whole mass exodus happened I actually followed in leaving the clan because so many of my friends had left.

Obviously I rejoined after being in and out for a good year or 2. But I'm barely active as I am now. I have little spurts of great activity that abruptly dwindles due to either laziness or real life getting in the way. But I always find comfort in coming back to these forums. It's to much of who/what I am...

I hope things are going well for you Fraz.
[center]ImageImageImage
Image[/center]
THeFraz
Visitor
Visitor

@Dartscale
I definitely remember yo name, but unfortunately beyond that I can't remember any time we spent together (though I'm 100% sure we did at some time)

Arena Badlands was the coolest though. I don't know if you watch any Gaming Youtubers, but this one called Errant Signal did a video about TF2 vs. Overwatch, and he described TF2 private servers as like a forum in and of themselves, which is definitely the vibe I got. It was a hangout spot, not just a level with a unique game mode.
ImageImage