Anime & MMOs

This forum is open to the general public. Keep it clean.
={101st}=shiNe!
Visitor
Visitor

Anime & MMOs

Hey guys :) I've started watching a couple of Anime's in the last few months with my roommate. I wonder if any of you have seen them, and what your thoughts are!

Fate Zero
Sword Art Online
-We just finished season 1 last night.

After watching SAO, I really wanted to get into an MMO, lol! Do any of you actively play any?
[center]
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
[/center]
gt24
President
President

Sword Art Online is a good show. I couldn't really get into Sword Art Online II though.

Since I don't have much else to add, if you are looking for a random new anime to watch then you can try ID-0. It is what I liked after Sword Art Online.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
={101st}=shiNe!
Visitor
Visitor

Yeah, my roommate cautioned me on SAO2. He said its pretty different. I'm intrigued about the Seed that the original creator passed on to Kirito.

ID-0! My co-worker told me I should watch that! I totally forgot until just now, thanks gt lol! One thing I liked about Fate & SAO, is that there wasn't very much focus on private parts and inappropriate shots of people's bodies.
There were lots of scenes in the flying game in SAO, but it wasn't a very big part of the overall season.
[center]
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
[/center]
Milfeulle
Lt General
Lt General

I'm actively playing a Fantasy MMO called MapleStory: http://maplestory.nexon.net/

It's a 2D RPG side-scrolling Action-Platformer type of game with huge amounts of character customization, thousands of different items, dozens of different systems for progress and RPG customization and a Rich large game world with Hundreds of different locations, continents and thousands of active players daily. Let me know if you wish to try it out shiNe!.

ImageImageImageImage
Chem
Lt Colonel
Lt Colonel

SAO was really good, great story but i really disliked them cutting it short.

Fate/Zero was decent, not great but entertaining. The other Fate series however werent' really good. The characters are good but the plots needed more work and some originality lol.

I would recommend watching Overlord and Black Clover if you enjoyed SAO and Fate/Zero though. Overlord is just freaking amazing, probably my #1 anime of all time so if you watch one choose this you wont regret it. Black Clover is really damn good and although its a bit redundant sometimes and isn't all that original the characters and there development make it really good and from what I've read its only going to get better.

As for an MMO, me and Foote have been trying to find one since we quit playing Jade Dynasty years ago after they ruined the game. We haven't found one that matches up to how good it was since then and we have tried a LOT. However there were a few notable ones. Tera is really good but we couldn't get into the whole guide system they have for end game content, its fairly dead. Black Desert Online is really good but I quit because I couldn't find a class I actually enjoyed after they ruined the Assassin class I was playing. Rift was by far the best of all the ones we played, great classes, pretty simple to understand, fun events. I don't remember why I stopped playing but was probably because of college lol. Footes really fond of ArcheAge but idk how easy it would be starting late in the game.
JohnB
Visitor
Visitor

I enjoy Black Desert from time to time. My main a Dark Knight and that class reminds me a lot of anime for some reason. It's not an MMO that's easy to get into though.
Chem
Lt Colonel
Lt Colonel

JohnB wrote:I enjoy Black Desert from time to time. My main a Dark Knight and that class reminds me a lot of anime for some reason. It's not an MMO that's easy to get into though.
Yeah...its a bit wonky and odd. It seems more like an MMO that was trying to be a dungeons and dragons simulator. I gotta hand it to them though, the character creation was top notch. They should sell that «♯♯♯♯♯♯♯» to other MMO's.
Flamingtwig
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Neverwinter? Not the best MMO but it's DnD and reasonable simple to play. Even of you don't want to play in a clan etc.

And I remember playing made dynasty with Foote, you, and tofu. God that game was so complicated and grindy. Haha
ImageImageImageImage

O o
/¯/_______________________________\\|
DR. OCTOGONAPUS! BLARRRRRRGGGHH!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯//|
positions i have held in order:
TO - BF2, OC - BF2, Data Analyst, Diplomat, DC official, ACoDC, Warrant Officer, Diplomat (again), ACOFRA, Corps Police, Chief Lurker.
Just a regular cryptid nonbinary.