All Halo games coming to the PC starting from this Year!

This forum is open to the general public. Keep it clean.
Milfeulle
Lt General
Lt General

All Halo games coming to the PC starting from this Year!

To those who missed the announcement till now, Microsoft has announced this week that the Master Chief Collection will be coming to the PC starting later this year with Halo Reach, and on Steam as well no less!

Source: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/03/12/ ... ing-to-pc/

I was waiting for this announcement for the past 5 years at least and am glad to finally be able to play all Halo games on the PC (save for Halo 5 for now) in the not far future from now. :D

How about the rest of you? :)

ImageImageImageImage
Rumpelstiltskin
Major General
Major General

I am looking forward to killing Chem in my own way ^^
ImageImageImageImageImage
The Buddy System FT*W!
Live long TheNation!
Grand Theft Auto Online -- RumpelDon
Chem
Lt Colonel
Lt Colonel

Rumpelstiltskin wrote:I am looking forward to killing Chem in my own way ^^
And I'll be sure to blow up every warthog on the map so you can't drive them.
«DN»Lasky®
Visitor
Visitor

Chem wrote:And I'll be sure to blow up every warthog on the map so you can't drive them.

Haha, don't forget the other vehicles as well, tanks, Falcons, and Ghosts!

I absolutely will get this, once I move to Windows 10, if I have to, do I?

This will be fun...
I am looking for official relations with [CC].
«DN»Lasky®
Visitor
Visitor

Sorry, I forgot to add, will it have to be repurchased to have on PC? I already have it for XBOX ONE.
Milfeulle
Lt General
Lt General

Apparently, you will have to repurchase for the PC version I believe?

Also, I've read that the Steam store version is gonna be playable on Win 7 OS's as well.

ImageImageImageImage
«DN»Lasky®
Visitor
Visitor

Well Milfeulle, I am hoping to be updated to Windows 10 by the time I get this, as I am not really sure it is a good idea to stay with 7 after reading about all the new security hacks that have been found recently. But thank you for your input though. I want to upgrade to Windows 10 anyway.
={101st}=shiNe!
Visitor
Visitor

Definitely gonna have to put aside some money to purchase the whole series. It'll be interesting to see how each game takes off.
[center]
Image Image Image ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
[/center]
«DN»Lasky®
Visitor
Visitor

I am also hoping that players of the new games can create their own servers like it is possible in Halo PC/CE and other games like in TF2, CS:GO, CS:S, etc and Minecraft.
Chem
Lt Colonel
Lt Colonel

The MCC won't initially have Play Anywhere support so you will have to buy it for PC. However they haven't decided if they will support it in the future so they might at some point. Same with cross platform play.

One of the other top questions is if they will have cross platform play supported and the idea for co-op is up in the air and being "tested" but for competitive online Microsoft has done testing with this before and it never turns out good for the console players lol. If i remember right they tested it with Gears of War, Halo, one of the Unreal games and they never mentioned the rest. In short....PC players destroyed the Console players. They even went to the lengths of having the best console players against random average PC players and they still got destroyed. So that will never be supported unless they require the xbox player to use a keyboard and mouse lol.

Windows 7 will be supported, but obviously you will need to purchase it on Steam since Windows 7 doesn't have the Windows Store. They aren't sure if Windows 8 will be supported, they are working on it but with how crappy it is they don't know if they can manage such a monumental task in time.

Mod support is being worked on as well, but I wouldn't hold my breath on this one.

The Firefight mode for Halo Reach is also confirmed to be available at release.

The big downside with what I've read so far is that they don't have private hosted servers working as of yet. So you can't just throw up a server with your game and start playing, but they are working on it so fingers crossed. But so far it looks like dedicated server are all we get at launch.

One other thing i read is they are going to be releasing them in chronological order. So Halo: Reach, Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST (Campaign), and Halo 4. They don't plan on releasing Halo 5, at all.

All games will be separate purchases when they are released and once all "6" are released they will have a bundle available to purchase them all for PC players.

EDIT: On the up side, all MCC releases will have Anti-cheat built in. So that is one less thing to worry about for server owners.
«DN»Lasky®
Visitor
Visitor

Well, I have spent the last few days rebuilding my PC, and right now, I am running Windows 10 Pro.

I also have a new board: a Gigabyte 970A-DS3P which I did not expecty to have a UEFI bios, bonus!

I also have my original AMD FX-8350 CPU and 16GB of RAM.

For the time being, this system works for gaming.
Dr Lag
Visitor
Visitor

Still waiting hopefully they'll be here by my birthday :/
these friken algger high pingers-Loyde
I have had less Lag running my call of duty 4 on Windows vista-A Radio
You know, I briefly spoke with you on Xfire a couple days ago, and for the rest of that day I had really bad in-game lag. :O-Shine
And now Lag is the one who is OP-Sock?
I Lag so bad when I engage someone close.-Slither
ImageImageImage
Lag
Thankx Sock? and Dart
Chem
Lt Colonel
Lt Colonel

Dr Lag wrote:Still waiting hopefully they'll be here by my birthday :/
The whole collection is supposed to be out before the end of the year. Open testing should begin sometime this month for Reach as well so it will definitely be out before your birthday lol. Once they get everything fine tuned with Reach the rest will come out pretty quickly after that since they all run on the same engine most of the hard work will be simple since they just need to reuse the coding from Reach for the rest of the games.

I probably won't spend much time on multiplayer unless it has the same feel as the original Halo CE (and people to play with of course), but I'll definitely be getting them all just for the co-op campaigns.
Capone 199
Visitor
Visitor

Halo on PC definitely has my attention. It's the game that got me to join [CC] back whenever that was.

Like Chem, I think the key factor for me will be whether it has the same feel and people CE did.
[center]

Image[/center]