Master Chief Collection: Reach is coming to PC in 12.3.19

This forum is open to the general public. Keep it clean.
Milfeulle
Lt General
Lt General

Master Chief Collection: Reach is coming to PC in 12.3.19

https://store.steampowered.com/app/9767 ... ollection/

Anyone else excited about it? :D
I hope it will be major bug-free from the very beginning, unlike the 2014 Xbox MCC release which was broken for over a year..

ImageImageImageImage
Elliott
Visitor
Visitor

<-------- I know I am!

The return of Halo on PC. The long awaited and forgotten game from Microsoft will finally be playable on the PC :D
ImageImageImage
«DN»Lasky®
Visitor
Visitor

I know I am too. Can't wait!
I am looking for official relations with [CC].
Chem
Lt Colonel
Lt Colonel

17 hour 24 minutes. Almost there. Sucks we can't pre download though :(
Bert!
Captain
Captain

Evertime they come out with a new version of an old game it's always a disappointment. I can't think of one time when a sequel or reboot or spin-off of any PC game hasn't been anything more then a money grab with better graphics. Let's hope for the best...
Sry for my cynicism, hope it's great. :--
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

"Good judgement comes from experience; Experience comes from bad judgement."(Hoosier proverb).
.......................................................................................................................................................................................I Killed a midget and laughed like a madman.................................................................................................................................................................................
gt24
President
President

Time has passed. Halo is back. I have played. You are looking at a 15 Gb download if you opt to purchase the game.

This Halo port is pretty good and is certainly worth your time (especially being how cheap it is). The game is Halo meaning that how vehicles behave, how AI behaves, and all of that is just as you remember (serviceable yet laughable at times - this is perfectly fine with me and I missed it quite a bit).

Note that anything not complained about are things that the game does just fine. The only thing immediately noticeably is that you have to move mouse sensitivity (in the game options) up (to about 4) and then things act like they should (at least for me). I prefer to have captioning on when playing the game but captioning partially doesn't work (only works in cutscenes). The sound balance is off (weapons are too quiet) and you aren't permitted to change the sound balance (...?). Overall, not a big deal at all.

The game is certainly good and I have played many campaign and multiplayer missions thus far. In comparison, I couldn't really play more than 1 campaign mission of Halo 2 Vista nor really play the multiplayer mode. This game is good and is certainly not the mess that Halo 2 Vista was (and is). Emphasizing too that the keyboard and mouse controls work fine (once you up the mouse sensitivity). The game is fun to play and won't make you think that something is wrong with the control scheme or that you could never even play the game due to how bad the mouse control is (like Halo 2 Vista).

Multiplayer has no servers and is matchmaking. Notably it takes quite a while to match make to find a game and it does this process every match. Of this you sometimes have a meh experience certainly involving lag. Specifically you are pretty sure you hit the enemy (with melee or alike) yet you die anyway (like the melee hit was ignored?). A bit later on when walking this way you suddenly are "teleported" over there walking that way. When things are good, kills happens and you have a good match. When things are bad, you are sitting at 0 kills and you don't immediately realize why or how you are sucking as bad as you do (until you lag "teleport" over there which is a bottomless pit and suicide... ...). Basically it is all the fun stuff you get when servers are not involved (and I doubut servers will ever be a thing again).

Also I always find artificial restrictions silly. You are not permitted to wear clan tags at all unless you complete 50 multiplayer matches (...???). Game supposedly has communications (text, voice) yet nobody was using any of that. If you want to have a solid multiplayer experience, you can find better out there (like Overwatch). If you want a decidedly Halo experience and can tolerate things being pretty good then Halo is recommended.

Still rocking the Nvidia GTX 670 video card with a mid grade 3rd generation Intel i5 processor. The game works just fine. Notably I think I'm at the bottom of the system requirements needed for this game so potatoes (of the Intel Graphics variety and alike) are likely going to have a rough go of things. The game works just fine with dual monitors meaning you can have your preferred chat program on the second monitor without Halo really minding at all.

To clarify something said in an earlier post, this game is a port and therefore all port related concerns still apply. You notice that this isn't a native PC game (certain graphics options are missing for instance) and the game can still use some bug fixing polish (so that the gunfire from your own gun doesn't sound like "hints of gunfire from maybe a few rooms over"). So if you want to say this game is a cash grab then you aren't wrong. Then again this isn't a bad port and the game is good... so I can live with the fact that it is a port (like I live with the fact that other games are ports too). A nice feature of this game is that you can disable anti-cheat on launch permitting you to install mods into the game (a PC like feature which is a nice touch to see). Since the game is popular and certainly works well enough, I'm sure many a PC player will play this game and keep playing it for years to come.

So basically I recommend the game. Pick it up and play the campaign (which so far is great). Play a match or two of multiplayer (which works good enough). Certainly worth the price and your time.

If you want to enjoy a match or two in Halo, reach out and contact me.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
«DN»Lasky®
Visitor
Visitor

gt24, it has been a while since we spoke, however...

I played this game last night for the better part of 4 hours, and while I did have some issues with input lag and audio output, which can do with a fix, I actually did have a good game.

The game download for me is around 24GB, not sure if it is different for you.

My system specs have been updated, suffice to say that with a GTX 1060 (6GB), 32GB RAM and an AMD FX-8350, the game runs reasonably smoothly despite the input lag from my keyboard, which I am unsure of what is causing it. I hope that any updates that come in future will fix this bug, for now I will have to grin and accept it for the time being.

I have been waiting for Halo: TMCC to be released for a while, and I was actually excited about it as well. The far better graphics, and after looking at the spec requirements for it, I saw that my PC was on the top end of that scale, so I had no issues. It is a real shame that some dont have the required specs to run it.

On the plus side, you don't need Live Gold to play on multiplayer, thankfully, as I now dont have to hand over money to Micrososft to play it. That I am happy about.

I played a 4 hour game with a few people last night and I actually had some real fun, despite how many times I was killed by the pesky Covanant always getting to me! :lol:

Hope you are well.
I am looking for official relations with [CC].
Milfeulle
Lt General
Lt General

Reposting here from an inner board my early impressions of the game so far:

Multiplayer didn't work for me on day one, but since then looks like it has resolved itself (after I turned off relays).

I find it a bit tricky to get used to new key binds not present in Halo 1, like running and having a seperate zoom key for the scope.

Seems like crouching while running doesn't work at all atm.

I wish there was a dedicated server lobby as well. match making is not as fun.
I do like the rehashed classic Halo 1 maps though.

ImageImageImageImage
Elliott
Visitor
Visitor

Reach is fun and all, but I want to play Halo 1
ImageImageImage
SamuraiJaxD
Recruit
Recruit

I thought the launch was great (I actually played it 1 day after launch) but the experience so far has been very good. I recently just finished the Reach Campaign on Legendary and that was quite satisfying.

The only minor issues I've found is with the interface, sometimes I click the buttons 20x and there is no reaction from it. So if I want to go back nothing happens. But I'm sure they will make minor fixes as the MCC continues!
Dr Lag
Visitor
Visitor

My birthday is coming up

Wouldn’t mind someone gifting me halo mcc :wink: :wink:
these friken algger high pingers-Loyde
I have had less Lag running my call of duty 4 on Windows vista-A Radio
You know, I briefly spoke with you on Xfire a couple days ago, and for the rest of that day I had really bad in-game lag. :O-Shine
And now Lag is the one who is OP-Sock?
I Lag so bad when I engage someone close.-Slither
ImageImageImage
Lag
Thankx Sock? and Dart
Zoro!

Lag its completely worth it. Granted bloom and armor lock are the bane of my existence in social. I'm certainly looking forward to Combat Evolved
[center]
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Most recent anime finished: Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!
Positions held: TO, AXO, ACO Halo, Intel Detective,
Data Analyst, Corps Police, Game Night Host
[/center]
Dr Lag
Visitor
Visitor

Zoro! wrote:Lag its completely worth it. Granted bloom and armor lock are the bane of my existence in social. I'm certainly looking forward to Combat Evolved
Hey Zoro how you been man

I haven’t gamed on steam in months

Yeah I will get it eventually as the price tag is surprisingly low

Add me on discord Lagster101#9019
these friken algger high pingers-Loyde
I have had less Lag running my call of duty 4 on Windows vista-A Radio
You know, I briefly spoke with you on Xfire a couple days ago, and for the rest of that day I had really bad in-game lag. :O-Shine
And now Lag is the one who is OP-Sock?
I Lag so bad when I engage someone close.-Slither
ImageImageImage
Lag
Thankx Sock? and Dart