Game Streaming

This forum is open to the general public. Keep it clean.
Bert!
Captain
Captain

Game Streaming

So has anyone else heard about Nvidia and what they are doing with game streaming? They say that even if you have the crappiest computer you can play all games in ultra HD on a live stream...
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

"Good judgement comes from experience; Experience comes from bad judgement."(Hoosier proverb).
.......................................................................................................................................................................................I Killed a midget and laughed like a madman.................................................................................................................................................................................
SamuraiJaxD
Recruit
Recruit

Re: Game Streaming

Bert! wrote:So has anyone else heard about Nvidia and what they are doing with game streaming? They say that even if you have the crappiest computer you can play all games in ultra HD on a live stream...
Hi Bert. I've had a look into this and I can't really find anything a part from this that is relevant to your question.
You don't actually need that much power to do streaming. If you can play the games on decent frame rates on the PC itself then the shield should also perform equally well only limited by your network speed and latency.

The only caveats are if you want to do 4K stream there is a minimum GPU requirement which I think is about a 750GTX (though I am sure I have read somewhere that 460GTX is actually the lowest though ofc doesn't give the best frame rates).

I myself would recommend at the minimum atleast 4Gb ram, wired 100mb ethernet, 670GTX +, and ofc the latest version of Geforce Experience and nvidia drivers. Nvidia Website
Bert!
Captain
Captain

What I heard wasn't broadcasting your game, it was a steam-like platform where you get games live streamed to your computer and you play it on a server (or something like that) . The game play is ultra HD no matter the vid card it's directly streamed as u play. Something in the future nvidia is working on I'm told to make ultra high-powered computers moot somehow in gaming (if possible) not sure of the details really, just wondering if anyone else had heard this rumor.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

"Good judgement comes from experience; Experience comes from bad judgement."(Hoosier proverb).
.......................................................................................................................................................................................I Killed a midget and laughed like a madman.................................................................................................................................................................................