Announcement about the R|ebel clan

Announcements and News for the general public and members to view.
gt24
President
President

Announcement about the R|ebel clan

Announcement
  • -- This was written when our clan was at Orange Alert. Please forgive any statements saying our alert level is current Orange Alert. I did add a Red Alert section at the end you can refer to. --

As you noticed, our clan is at Orange Alert due to the R|ebel clan (with tags of name|R). We have had a war with them in the past that fell apart due to unnamed individuals in their clan attacking our clan (supposedly without knowledge or approval from their clan's leadership). Those attacks have resumed and R|ebel doesn't seem to mind those attacks anymore.

What follows is what attacks happen and what I know. For those not wanting to read on, all you have to read is the next three paragraphs.

Important

R|ebel has used any bits of information possible against whomever they can. This means that anything you typed on R|ebel properties, including your password, was intercepted and is used by R|ebel for their own means. Therefore, anything you have typed there should be considered compromised and must be changed.

We strongly suggest that you do not visit any property or territory of the R|ebel clan or their allies or talk to any R|ebel member. Disobeying the prior statements is done at your own risk. Any actions taken by your account (including ones done by R|ebel members hacking your account) are actions you will be held responsible for.

Those suggestions go for visitors to our site as well. R|ebel has shown the desire to attack during peace and without any prior demonstrations of hostility. They have also attacked us when asking for a scrim from us. It is very likely that they will do the same to you.

The above remains in effect for as long as R|ebel remains on our enemies listing and thus will remain in effect after we return to Green Alert.

Below will explain what happened.
What happened?
  • For the sake of brevity, I won't discuss the war extensively. I will only discuss the parts relating to the current orange alert.

The section after that discusses what happened after the war including the current Orange Alert.

This timeline was made possible due to new security scanning we have implemented. The extent of the damage was not known until recently.
The War
  • R|ebel was formed as a rebellion away from [CC]. Rebelling clans don't necessarily have hostile relations with [CC]. However, in a very short order, R|ebel decided to recruit from our membership which is an act of aggression against our clan.
    • Feb 8, 2012 -- R|ebel caught recruiting from our clan. Discussions happen to determine how to proceed.

Feb 8, 2012 -- R|ebel attacked our site and gained access to Gov level threads. This was BEFORE the war and was not detected at the time.

Feb 9, 2012 -- R|ebel continues the attack. It is still undetected.

Feb 10, 2012 -- Discussions complete, we decided to enter war standing with R|ebel unaware of the attacks up to this point.
    The attacks happened because R|ebel initially asked their friends to register on their site and others who could negotiate with them. Every account registered had passwords intercepted. During a Green Alert (before the war), R|ebel was already using this information in an attack against [CC] which is only heard of during the worst of wars. This only worked when the same password was used on the R|ebel site that was used on our site.

If we knew of the attack then we would have went to Orange Alert at that time and boosted our defenses. We would have decided how to proceed from there.
    • Feb 10 - 13, 2012 -- Continuing forum attacks

Feb 12, 2012 -- Severe server breaches

Feb 13, 2012 -- End of war
    An unnamed individual associated with R|ebel used their access to steal credit card information and commit credit card fraud. R|ebel did not condone such actions. Clearly, actions they were taking were taking the war way to far and thus the war must end. We signed a truce then and R|ebel will apologize for the actions during the war and will seek out who was responsible for the fraud and remove them from there clan.

We never received an apology. R|ebel never said another word about the credit card fraud.
After the War
  • Everything was quiet. R|ebel used the time to significantly boost their numbers and Combat Corps moved on. Our two clans had essentially no interaction until one day...
    • Mar 18, 2012 -- Joice requests to scrim with our clan. This request was denied due to Joice's poor attitude with a 2 week cooldown.

Mar 18, 2012 -- Severe attack on the forums. It was undetected at the time.
    Under neutrality and a flag of truce, R|ebel attacked our site like they did before and during the war all because we denied a scrim with them.

We would deny a scrim with any clan who would post in such a disrespectful manner wanting a scrim. The fact that it was R|ebel didn't influence our decision.
    • Mar 23, 2012 -- Site attacked, undetected.

Mar 24, 2012 -- Site attacked, undetected.

Mar 25, 2012 -- Site attacked severely, undetected.

Mar 25, 2012 -- CoD 4 sever was attacked. At the time, we weren't certain what happened. The server was repaired by Chalkie.

Mar 26, 2012 -- Site attacked severely, undetected.

Mar 28, 2012 -- Site attacked severely, undetected.

Mar 30, 2012 -- Site attacked severely, undetected.

Apr 1, 2012 -- Site attacked severely, undetected.
    All the above was undetected in part because nothing visibly was messing up. Also, nobody was supposed to be hostile towards us.
    • Apr 2, 2012 -- R|ebel scrim 2 was denied by Linkka. He has the power to accept or deny scrims and he felt that a scrim with them was not appropriate at this time.

Apr 3, 2012 -- Site attacked, Orange Alert.
    On the 3rd, Rabbs contacted me on XFire. He wanted to discuss a thread in the Administration Station, one that he should not have access to. He wanted to discuss why Linkka was talking about banning a R|ebel member. At that time, I investigated my server logs and detected the ongoing attacks.

We went to Orange Alert to signify that an attack was ongoing or imminent and that we are taking a defensive only posture. R|ebel clan was declared as enemies.
The Orange Alert
  • R|ebel was using account information they had during the war to attack us during the peace. Our improved security system revealed those accounts and we weeded them out. One was a Gov level account. We have handled each case uniquely and ensured that passwords were changed.

R|ebel has been unable to breach our security since that point. However, since I am still confirming that to be true over a period of time, we remain at Orange Alert because I cannot say that an attack is not imminent. We are working hard to secure the site from R|ebel intruders.

The point is that R|ebel attacked us before the R|ebel war was declared (taking hostile actions before hostilities were declared) and they attacked us when they were neutral under a flag of truce all because we denied a scrim with them, even going so far as to mess up our Call of Duty 4 server.

This makes R|ebel among the worst clans we have dealt with. We cannot overemphasize how much you should not interact with that clan or members within. They have demonstrated a willingness to attack clans they are neutral with and clans of which they want to scrim with. They cannot be trusted and we can safely assume that they will attack us at any and all times.

United Federation has declared R|ebel Enemies of the State. I am tempted to make a similar category here and place R|ebel there as well but thus far the discussions on that are divided. For now, R|ebel remains on our enemies listing.
The Red Alert
  • We caught an unusual IP address accessing our site. It is the IP address of the R|ebel clan's website.

That IP attempted to take down our website by flooding it with access attempts. The attack lasted 6 hours and 30 minutes approximately and made 169,645 access attempts.

That attack is intensely hostile and thus we had to raise our alert level due to that.

Now that the attack has stopped, we intend to go back to Orange Alert in a short period of time assuming that another severe attack does not happen.
What now?
  • The following are Presidential orders and will be relayed to the appropriate departments.
    • All R|ebel members are to be banned (on site or otherwise) on all [CC] servers.

Any R|ebel members causing any sort of issues on our site will be Miserable User categorized or banned.

There will be no relations with the R|ebel clan of any of their members.
    We will keep working to secure our site and detect any future intrusions. However, we know now that the R|ebel clan is without honor and that they are not to be trusted in the gaming community.
That is all.

Signed,
President gt24
Last edited by gt24 on Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
gt24
President
President

This is now approved and published publicly.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
|>A2K<|Yuki
Visitor
Visitor

R&U
Positions Held: Executive Officer of Multigame, OC of L4D2, Assistant Chief of Division Command, Intel Detective.
[CC]Mio: OH MY FLIPPIN HORDE AND A SMOKER!
[CC]packerfan626: You are the egg McMuffin of Multigame <3
President gt24: IM HELPING! *throws a molotov on mio and don*
[CC]Big_Boss: Ahh. Then dont let me impeed you, Special Agent Yuki.
ImageImageImage
BigBoss 199
Visitor
Visitor

R&U
This is good.... Isn't it?
Capone 199
Visitor
Visitor

R&U
[center]

ImageImageImageImageImage
Image[/center]
Storm
Visitor
Visitor

R&U
Brandy, your the best dog a girl can ever have, R.I.P girl, I love you very much. 1998-2011.
18:27:10 - Welcome to the Combat Corps Teamspeak server.
18:27:16 - You were kicked from the server by "Retired VP Foote"

23:11:14 "CChief MSgt. Muffinz": omg i leik totally gotta go 2 the mall 2maro
[21:41] [CC]Manatee: omg i leak totly ned 2 go 2 walmart 2 buy muffinz !
[21:23] [CC]ProfPackerfan&#440;&#821;&#801;&#1244;&#821;&#808;&#772;&#439;: YOUR KEWLER
[22:02] [CC]SuPERDuPER: Ha ha! I don't mind if it's you!
Julia
Major
Major

R&U
[center]Image
"though the flame of liberty may sometimes cease to shine the coal can never expire"
“Everton, Everton, We're Forever Everton”

ImageImageImage
ImageImage
[/center]
Linkka
Visitor
Visitor

R&U
[CC]Holly: It's because you're all weird. I play cod to kill people.. not to jump around like little fairys
Positions held:
- Divison command: CoD4 TO x2, XO and CO, LoL CO
- Enlistment: Consultant, Warrant Officer, Enlistment Official
- Game Administration: Assistant Chief of Game Administration
- Foreign Relations: Diplomat
Flamingtwig
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

R&U
ImageImageImageImage

O o
/¯/_______________________________\\|
DR. OCTOGONAPUS! BLARRRRRRGGGHH!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯//|
positions i have held in order:
TO - BF2, OC - BF2, Data Analyst, Diplomat, DC official, ACoDC, Warrant Officer, Diplomat (again), ACOFRA, Corps Police, Chief Lurker.
Just a regular cryptid nonbinary.
Massarmy
Visitor
Visitor

R&U sir
There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't yet met. -William Yeats
[CC]^YukiPie!: luv u
Tom j.-stay on my ass sexy
[CC]Mio 199-" You will find out when your older"
Gt24-They must breed fast
Storm-So do I
Everyone in TS-0_o

ImageImageImage
Dartscale
Captain
Captain

R&U Sir.
[center]ImageImageImage
Image[/center]
Magnum
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

R&U
[center]
ImageImageImage
Positions Held: TF2 Division TO, XO, ACO F.R. Dept. Data Analyst, Diplomat, Assistant Chief
Recruiter of: Smokeymaplebacon
Creator Of The Corps Banner
[/center]
|>A2K<|Sharpshot
Visitor
Visitor

R&U
[center]Image
ImageImage Image Super: I hope my grandma cleaned under her belly-button this time.[/center]
Randomness
Visitor
Visitor

R&U
[center]Image
Image[/center]
|>A2K<|Ryu~
Visitor
Visitor

R*U
ImageImageImage
[CC]SuPERDuPER: Buizel Likes Pants
[CC]Buizel<3: Prepare the Pokemon. Its time for War.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
^Buizel Army. GG
Past Jobs: Consultant and TO of Call Of Duty 4.
Echo 199
Visitor
Visitor

R&U
ImageImage
Hannz 199
Visitor
Visitor

R&U
[center]

[20:25] [CC]Capone 199: I was looking at CP
Thaddeus: my cat just puked brb

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
[/center]
Darth Tenshi
Visitor
Visitor

R&U sir. Is it possible to get a list of R|ebel members so we can know who to avoid and remove from our friends list on Steam, Xfire, etc.?
Screaming will get you no where ~ Patrick Star
Lois, we're making a whole lot of money with this boxing thing, and I need money for bourbon and anime ~ Peter Griffin
Groovy ~ Ash Williams
Coolest kids I know: Firedog, Milfulle, Arkbird, Milky Way, Soapy (I guess XD), Dart, SOOOOOUTH
ImageImageImage
[Candle]Captain Crossfire
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you GT, read and understood.
ImageImage
Manatee
Lt General
Lt General

R&U
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
"When the last tree is cut down, the last fish eaten, and the last stream poisoned, you will realize that you cannot eat money"
#Savethemanatees
Nugget
Banned
Banned

R&U
Nugget
Banned
Banned

Damn all R|ebels? But but but whats with OptimusPrime :(? Ok i have to accept it .....
Chocolate.
Visitor
Visitor

R&U
Image ImageImage
TO BO NO MO'.
My Tf2 Backpack
Looking for: V. Procedure Mask, True love.
Malamutant!
General
General

R&U Sir!
[center]Image
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Manatee <3
[/center]
Darth Moss
Brig General
Brig General

And somehow continue to claim ignorance..

R&U
ImageImageImage
Mossy is just really persuasive I mean all that milk and special sauce goes a long way. - Dartscale
Tomahorn <3
FatMoss Trolling at it's finest

Combatwombat
Visitor
Visitor

R&U
ImageImageImage
Gabby is my hero.
Hannz 199
Visitor
Visitor

Comrade Cthulhu wrote:R&U sir. Is it possible to get a list of R|ebel members so we can know who to avoid and remove from our friends list on Steam, Xfire, etc.?
You can spot them by the "|R" tag.
[center]

[20:25] [CC]Capone 199: I was looking at CP
Thaddeus: my cat just puked brb

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
[/center]
Texsyn1
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

R&U

ImageImage

"The true definition of insanity: Doing the same task over and over, and expecting a different outcome" - Albert Einstein
Fallen
Visitor
Visitor

R&U
[center]
Pure Run & Gun. Always Moving.
ImageImage

Currently Playing:
Been part of 4 Departments. Leading 3 of them.

[CC]Snolleeh: man ur awesome xD[/center]
Pacman!
Visitor
Visitor

R&U
ImageImageImage

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream - C. S. Lewis
One shot, everything rides on tonight
Even if I've got three strikes, Ima go for it,
This moment, we own it - Wiz Khalifa , we own it

[CC]Empathy: so essentially the same as you. except for the girls. im not a ladies man.
[CC]Lucentim! ( pacman ): wait...
[CC]Lucentim! ( pacman ): you into guys ?
[CC]Empathy: nonononono
[CC]Empathy: STOP
[CC]Empathy: NO