Profile Image

Post here if you need help with your PC or this site.
Akubra
Visitor
Visitor

Profile Image

Ive been thinking about adding a pic to my profile....but every time i select a pic i get this message:

Unable to upload file
DEBUG MODE

Line : 236
File : usercp_avatar.php

I tried selecting the pic from my machine as well as adding the URL and I just get the same message, I am hoping someone can help me with this. Thanks in advance! :D
Manatee
Lt General
Lt General

I feel like this question would be more likely to be answered in Tech Support so I have moved it there. - Major General Manatee
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
"When the last tree is cut down, the last fish eaten, and the last stream poisoned, you will realize that you cannot eat money"
#Savethemanatees
Akubra
Visitor
Visitor

Manatee wrote:I feel like this question would be more likely to be answered in Tech Support so I have moved it there. - Major General Manatee
Ok thank you for moving it here. :D
Flex'

Re: Profile Image

Akubra wrote:Ive been thinking about adding a pic to my profile....but every time i select a pic i get this message:

Unable to upload file
DEBUG MODE

Line : 236
File : usercp_avatar.php
For some reason you can't upload .gif pictures to the forums.

I tried to upload a .gif picture, and it didn't work, That's explains the weird error you get :).
[center]Image
" The back of the club, sippin Moet, is where you'll find me " - The Notorious B.I.G
Image[/center]
Flex'

Never mind.. Sorry I thought I could help you :|
[center]Image
" The back of the club, sippin Moet, is where you'll find me " - The Notorious B.I.G
Image[/center]
={101st}=shiNe!
Visitor
Visitor

Sometimes I get weird errors like this when I try to send PMs. When that happens to me gt24 has to fix stuff on my profile.
[center]
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
[/center]
Akubra
Visitor
Visitor

7 wrote:Never mind.. Sorry I thought I could help you :|

At first I thought it was the file type as well, so I altered the file to several different types, jpg, bmp, etc. none of them worked.
Akubra
Visitor
Visitor

shiNe! wrote:Sometimes I get weird errors like this when I try to send PMs. When that happens to me gt24 has to fix stuff on my profile.

It seems that it is simply a bug, I might try a few other things though.
gt24
President
President

Can you email the file you are attempting to upload to your profile to president AT combatcorps.com?
7 wrote:For some reason you can't upload .gif pictures to the forums.

I tried to upload a .gif picture, and it didn't work, That's explains the weird error you get :).
GIFs work just fine. Can you send the file that you couldn't upload to the same email address?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
gt24
President
President

Akubra sent me his image, specifically the link below.

http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2 ... 5xmqxw.png

The problem is that your avatar must be no larger than 100 x 100 pixels. You are attempting to use an avatar that is 774 x 1032 pixels and the forums are rejecting it. When I resized the avatar down to fit, it uploaded just fine on my testing account (in PNG, GIF, JPG, etc).

Do some image processing to make the avatar fit before uploading it.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Akubra
Visitor
Visitor

gt24 wrote:Akubra sent me his image, specifically the link below.

http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2 ... 5xmqxw.png

The problem is that your avatar must be no larger than 100 x 100 pixels. You are attempting to use an avatar that is 774 x 1032 pixels and the forums are rejecting it. When I resized the avatar down to fit, it uploaded just fine on my testing account (in PNG, GIF, JPG, etc).

Do some image processing to make the avatar fit before uploading it.
Alright, so that was exactly the problem, all I did was edit the size and it worked! :D Thank you very much!