Forums Acting Screwy

Post here if you need help with your PC or this site.
={101st}=shiNe!
Visitor
Visitor

Forums Acting Screwy

It seems that lately a lot of people attempting to join our site are having various issues. I recently heard of 2 things, 1 that their confirmation code isn't working. 2, that the capcha isn't working. Before this there were various reports on players not able to register because of forum errors, or bugs. I'd like to think that this is all 1 problem tied together in the website, but maybe it's not that simple. I highly doubt that people are just not doing the right thing, because I know that those who are trying to join are more intelligent than dumb.

Is there something in the website code or whatever that needs tweaking?
[center]
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
[/center]
gt24
President
President

There was only one problem with one person that was around only for a few days that generated a very noticeable error message. That error had nothing to do with the captcha system. Regardless, everything (including the capacha system) had to be tested to get that fix in place. That was on the 21st of last month.

http://www.combatcorps.com/forums/viewt ... p?t=111257

That one bug thread (due to the GameRanger integration) doesn't equal "various reports". It was only one report which very noticeably failed (I forgot to test one thing and it is amazing what messes one typo leads to).

The confirmation code part of the forums was never touched. I just verified that it worked (by registering a whole new account which required testing the capacha system and then activating which tested the confirmation code system).

Since I cannot see any problem on this end at all, I can't really work with "lots" of people having "problems" with two sections of the site. First off, the capacha system works and hasn't generally been touched. Second, the confirmation code part hasn't been touched at all. So, I don't know who "lots" of people are and I don't know what "problems" they could be having so I don't know what I can do in this situation.

If the registration system was not working due to a bug then nobody would register on our site (because they can't). Since the one bug fix on the 20th, we have had 15 people register new accounts and only 2 that was not able to verify their account (by answering the email that was sent to them). This was over 12 days. We are having a little over 1 new account a day.

You stated that you are confident that there is a large problem because you know those people who are trying to join are generally intelligent, meaning you know those people. In that case, gain more information from them in regards to what is going wrong and what they are doing specifically clear up to that point so I can reproduce their problems and correct them. There isn't a problem preventing numerous people from registering (see prior paragraph) so the people you know must be doing something different. The key is to find out what they are doing different, determine what is at fault (that person or a forum bug), and correct the fault (in the person or the forums).
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
={101st}=shiNe!
Visitor
Visitor

I've had several possible recruits in the last week for League division, but a few of them ran into registration problems. I talked to you about the player with the same IP, but I am not referring to him in this case. In my conversations with these players that appeared quite intelligent and not just a numb nut. Perhaps I've been fooled in these cases though.
[center]
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
[/center]
gt24
President
President

The IP thing is by design, forums prevent lots of registrations from the same IP as an attempt to combat spam. Then again, that is the same story for all 3 systems (capacha, registration code, and IPs must vary). The IP thing hasn't came up, for the most part.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Chem
Lt Colonel
Lt Colonel

shiNe! wrote:I've had several possible recruits in the last week for League division, but a few of them ran into registration problems. I talked to you about the player with the same IP, but I am not referring to him in this case. In my conversations with these players that appeared quite intelligent and not just a numb nut. Perhaps I've been fooled in these cases though.
Trust me, you got fooled.