Windows not genuine?

Post here if you need help with your PC or this site.
Furr308
Chief MSgt
Chief MSgt

Windows not genuine?

So I opened my Acer aspire laptop and got this in the bottom right corner:

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit (a honest official copy) ive gotten this once or twice in the past, but i have a genuine copy of the OS. Will this eventually lead to an update that causes an error or conflict with my OS?
"The character of a man can be measured by how he treats those who can do nothing for him"
Some nasty people stalk these forums... Like that Dartscale kid...Ugh... --Templar Moss
Real men have video games as their real life. --SquidyThingy
Snolleeh
Visitor
Visitor

You just cant update it and I think and it might stop working after 30 days unless you verificate it. Not entirely sure doe.
[center] ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Battlefield 3 division - Never forget
[CC]Ovalusc: snolly you're a genious
~ I gotta stop going to the sewers for a bath.~ Dartscale
Former: Intelligence Detective, Corps Police x3, Assistant Chief of Intel, Diplomat x2, BF3 TO
ImageImage
ImageImageImage[/center]
FlamingFury
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

this happened to my pc alot but after sometimes it fix itself
[center]Image
Image\\
ImageAdmissions: Junior Consultant, Senior Consultant x2.
ImageIntelligence: Intelligence Detective.
CC WHITE KNIGHTS UNITE![/center]
gt24
President
President

Windows believes that you have an illegal copy. If you do have an illegal copy, what I say will not help you at all. This is a rather severe problem so you should make fixing it a high priority.

That being said, I saw this once. System Restore NOW, go back a day or two (or maybe a few days). It should fix the problem and you shouldn't have the problem again.

It was the strangest thing back then. However, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened again (to you, in this case).
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Furr308
Chief MSgt
Chief MSgt

I used the restore disks I got with my laptop from best buy. My last hard drive broke, so I used the restore disks to put the operating system on a new hard drive. But I'll do the system restore and see how it works.
"The character of a man can be measured by how he treats those who can do nothing for him"
Some nasty people stalk these forums... Like that Dartscale kid...Ugh... --Templar Moss
Real men have video games as their real life. --SquidyThingy
gt24
President
President

Oh, you could have told us that.

Ok, the operating system needs activated after being installed. The OS attempts to do this automatically and will generate that error message if things failed (meaning that what you just done may have been illegal and may mean that your copy of Windows is worthless now). From what you say, you should be fine in doing the install that you have done.

Go to your Control Panel > System and Security > System. At the bottom is a section for Windows activation. It should say something bad there (like your copy is not genuine). Follow directions there. You want to activate your copy of Windows (likely over the phone) as opposed to buying a new copy of Windows. On the phone, you will have to explain what you have done and follow their directions. If they feel that you did something which is legal then they will tell you how to fix this problem. If they feel that you did something illegal then they will tell you that you must buy a new copy of Windows.

If you get lost, post screenshots and we can guide you.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage