Random CS:GO FPS drops

Post here if you need help with your PC or this site.
Spor
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Random CS:GO FPS drops

So over the last 2 weeks I've been noticing frame drops in my game. I normally run at a constant 60 FPS and during the middle of the game, usually when it counts most I get drop to about 25-30 FPS. It's really starting to impact my play, as the game feels more jerky than smooth.

I've tried multiple fixes for this, including the following:
- Lowering all graphic settings to minimal
- Lowering my resolution, doesn't really impact my FPS too much, and does more harm than good really.
I've even gone as far as to uninstalling the majority of my programs, defragging my hard drive, clearing out my registry, running multiple virus scans and still these spikes of FPS drop occur.

Weirdest part is they do not occur when the game necessarily gets graphically intensive, they do happen randomly.

I have noticed when playing on European servers these FPS drops do not happen as often, or even not at all. I seriously doubt this is a lag spike though, as it wouldn't affect my FPS that badly, would it?

I'd really like some help on this, it's really starting to annoy me and affect my gameplay very badly. If you guys need any specs from my PC then ask away.

One thing I think may be part of the problem is that a lot of the time, I look at my processes to see my Hard drive on task manager at 100%, with near enough no background processes, or any ones that can be demanding.
[center]Image
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Current Song :: TOOL :: Vicarious[/center]
hacker assassin
Visitor
Visitor

I think i know your problem... Do you have any version of windows 8?
Spor
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Yeah!
[center]Image
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
hacker assassin
Visitor
Visitor

If you do, i had the disk usage problem with my sister's computer. There is a service running called "superfetch". You need to disable it and your disk usage will go down to almost nothing.

**sry for the double post
Spor
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Followed a guide I found on the internet, which is here if anyone needs it.

It seems to have lowered my disk usage considerably, thanks for the help Hacker! I'll also keep the thread updated with how I get on ingame.
[center]Image
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
CyberViper
Visitor
Visitor

i might be able to solve this problem, what are your pc specs?
GPU:
Proccessor:
Ram:
Power Supply:
MotherBoard:
idk
Spor
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

GPU: Integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000
Processor: Intel i3 Dual-core 2.5ghz
RAM: 6GB

I'll post my power supply and motherboard when I get back to my laptop tonight,.

Thanks for helping (:
[center]Image
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Spor
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Here's all the specs of my laptop, let me know if you need anything else. Thanks.

http://www.acerdirect.co.uk/Acer_E1-571 ... ersion.asp
[center]Image
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
CyberViper
Visitor
Visitor

It seems like it's your processor, a dual core processor isn't really top notch for modern first person shooters, here (below) is link to a video of someone playing with the same integrated graphics that you have (Intel HD Graphics 4000) on a laptop, but he has a quad core processor, hope that helps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UOle1uU_B8
idk
CyberViper
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Random CS:GO FPS drops

Sock? wrote: Weirdest part is they do not occur when the game necessarily gets graphically intensive, they do happen randomly.
sorry for the double post, but i should have quoted that, yes it is your processor, since your integrated graphics shouldn't have a problem playing the game at minimal settings, its the processor, maybe something with cpu usage, go to task manager and try to close useless processes, sometimes i find Google Chrome processes appearing when Chrome is actually closed, also if you have java it might still be appearing in the processes even though it's not being used, things like that affect your cpu usage, at the end of the day it effects the game too.

So we might be able to solve that after all, maybe there is a different solution.
idk
CyberViper
Visitor
Visitor

Ugh triple post... I'm sorry but I really want to help(I really want an edit option)
If the things I listed the post above didn't work, you might want to look at this guide: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =199958323
It seems the problem was just that the game was poorly optimized. Hope this is the solution.
idk
Spor
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Thanks for your reply.

I'll use the guide and recommendations and test them over the next few days. I'll post back here with my findings (:
[center]Image
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
CyberViper
Visitor
Visitor

Sock? wrote:Thanks for your reply.

I'll use the guide and recommendations and test them over the next few days. I'll post back here with my findings (:
No problem, another short way that might work is to set your windows theme to windows classic (gamers with 800$ computers do that, don't be ashamed) and it could greately increase FPS, although the stuttering is a problem that could only be fixed with the other guide, also one thing I recommend doing is instead of deleting any files, you should move them to a new folder, just in case.
idk