Playing CoD4

Post here if you need help with your PC or this site.
={101st}=shiNe!
Visitor
Visitor

Playing CoD4

Hey yall!

So with my new lap top, I installed CoD4, because I already had the game. I got the game running good, and even played one.

But a couple of things.

When I go to set my profile name, I cannot add brackets for the [CC] tag. How do yall overcome this?
Also, I do not see the [CC] 24/7 Broadcast server on the server list. Why is that? Do I need a patch?
[center]
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
[/center]
Ovalusc

Your profile name is just to differentiate your profiles, similar to save files in other games. In Multiplayer Options you should find a username you can add brackets to, which is the name other players will see in multiplayer servers. You do need a patch, but I don't remember how that works.
={101st}=shiNe!
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks Oval, fixed the name thing. Now I just need to figure out which patch I need to get.
[center]
ImageImageImageImage
[/center]
={101st}=shiNe!
Visitor
Visitor

Okay so I got patch 1.6, and then got 1.7. The game says at the bottom right hand corner that I'm on 1.7, but when I go to game lobby, I believe that it is showing 1.6 servers. Still am not seeing Broadcast on my lobby, and Bert! says that CC Broadcast (Broadcast) is on 1.7. The servers in my visible lobby I cannot join because they say they are the 1.6 version.

How do I change my lobby to 1.7? I checked Options, but nothing appeared to be what I needed.
[center]
ImageImageImageImage
[/center]
={101st}=shiNe!
Visitor
Visitor

Sorry to triple post. I can't edit my posts here, but I want to include this picture.

[center]
ImageImageImageImage
[/center]
Bert!
Captain
Captain

Hmm...it shows the correct version at the bottom, but there should be a lot more servers. I've never had this problem before. Try a restart or reinstall of the patch. enable console (its in the options somewhere) hit tilde~ to drop console and type /connect 208.167.246.145:28960 if that doesn't take you strait to our CC server then you might be right that it's still 1.6
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

"Good judgement comes from experience; Experience comes from bad judgement."(Hoosier proverb).
.......................................................................................................................................................................................I Killed a midget and laughed like a madman.................................................................................................................................................................................
gt24
President
President

CoD 4 (according to internet searches) has a lobby refresh issue especially with the Steam version. Perhaps try this?
Server list filters
Open up the Filter Servers list and play around with some of the different settings. Namely, try changing 'Hardcore' to none, 'Friendly Fire' to none etc. Click Ok and then click Refresh List. If servers do not start showing, change the Game Mode from All to Team Deathmatch, Free for All, etc. Just play around with everything and something should show up. Once servers do appear you can reset the filters to the default settings.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1625627
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
={101st}=shiNe!
Visitor
Visitor

Well I was able to connect to the Broadcast server. I did however get kicked 2 minutes in due to 'No packet flow'.
[center]
ImageImageImageImage
[/center]
Milfeulle
Lt General
Lt General

I think it means you need to update your PB folder with the one on the PBBans forums via the link I sent you yesterday shiNe.

ImageImageImageImage
={101st}=shiNe!
Visitor
Visitor

I can try it! I didn't enable Xfire chat logging till late last night. Could you send me the link either here or via PM Avi?
[center]
ImageImageImageImage
[/center]
Milfeulle
Lt General
Lt General

I messaged you on Xfire~

ImageImageImageImage
={101st}=shiNe!
Visitor
Visitor

YAY!!! So I got those files and put them in the main folder, and then played with the filters and now my game loads about 2400 servers, and the Broadcast server :D

Thanks for the help yall!
[center]
ImageImageImageImage
[/center]
Milfeulle
Lt General
Lt General

My instructions for troubleshooting ANYTHING actually worked?? :shock:
I guess there is a first time for everything..

ImageImageImageImage