Halo Derp

Post here if you need help with your PC or this site.
={101st}=shiNe!
Visitor
Visitor

Halo Derp

Hey guys, I'm running into some trouble with my Halo PC.

I re-installed my game last week, and have since kept running into an issue that doesn't allow me to even run Halo at all. Every time that I install the game from either the CDs that I have and even from an online download that I tried earlier, when I open up the game it says 'missing map table pointers'. I have no idea what that even is, or why it is occurring.

Any help and recommendations are encouraged.
Thank you.
[center]
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
[/center]
gt24
President
President

"online download I tried earlier"? We won't discuss that.

Considering your "online download" and the oddity of this error, I would nuke every trace of Halo from your system. Uninstall it (naturally), delete the folder it was installed in, delete the save game content (in your My Documents you will find it in \my games\Halo), and if you messed with the registry for your "online download" then you should undo that (taking care because if you blow that then your computer may not work at all anymore).

All that said, install Halo from your CD and run the updater from the Halo directory. Halo will update to the 1.10 version. Run the game immediately. If it works, great, the game works fine. If it doesn't say what it does and we will go from there.

From what you said, your game worked fine and then you reinstalled it for some reason and now things don't work anymore. So it has to be due to something the prior install left behind that is messed up.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
={101st}=shiNe!
Visitor
Visitor

I have no words to explain my sincere appreciation for you gt. Thank you for giving me my Halo back.

To clarify what I did to get the game online though, is that I just downloaded the game because I thought that my CDs were messed up. Didn't go down an illegal path, still had to use my own CD keys.
[center]
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
[/center]