windows 10 issue

Post here if you need help with your PC or this site.
Dr Lag
Visitor
Visitor

windows 10 issue

So my brother has got the evaluation copy of Windows 10, which is giving me problems when I try too run Counter Strike on steam it doesn't load, when I try too close it through task manager it say's access denied.

Also closing down Steam doesn't close it down either as it remains open in the background.
these friken algger high pingers-Loyde
I have had less Lag running my call of duty 4 on Windows vista-A Radio
You know, I briefly spoke with you on Xfire a couple days ago, and for the rest of that day I had really bad in-game lag. :O-Shine
And now Lag is the one who is OP-Sock?
I Lag so bad when I engage someone close.-Slither
ImageImageImage
Lag
Thankx Sock? and Dart
gt24
President
President

Windows 10 isn't out yet, the preview copies even shut down in preparation of Windows 10 actually releasing.

As is always the case (and as I remember during the Windows 8 previews), nothing supports an unreleased operating system and several things will simply refuse to install on the unreleased OS (even after a retail copy is available, namely the item will only target the released version and not the unreleased build).

So I'm pretty sure nobody can help you now or even after Windows 10 actually releases. The answer is to only run a released operating system.

Since Windows 10 is actually arriving in around 10 days, it is time to reformat and get back to a normal OS in preparation for a clean upgrade. After doing that, your game will work fine.

(The official build that will be RTM, at least so we believe, is 10240. It is only available through Windows Update. Legal OSes get it as well as Microsoft accounts who can do insider testing. Anyway, if you are running an older build then expect things like this game to never work.)
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Milfeulle
Lt General
Lt General

Yeah, I also reformatted my Win 10 drive, almost lost my Win 7 one in the process too, due to all the problems it created for me on my computer (had to run Disk Chk and retrieve a load full of Win orphaned files in the process before the Win 7 partition worked again).

That's the last time I join an OS evaluation program with my (main/only) computer. -.-

ImageImageImageImage
Impact
Brig General
Brig General

I know this is an old post, but it's still like this. Only a bit different perhaps.
Right now I am having system crashes when launching some games in Steam.
Don't know what to do about it. Maybe I need t update something?

Any tips?
Will Steam and Windows 10 ever work together? :P
ImageImageImageImage
"Don't spam or we will laugh at your attempts!" --- gt24
"I will protect Impact! Lashypoo wont hurt him!" --- TheDon
"Your my favorite gov member" --- firetiger
"All hail Impact! Our newest member of the Kewl Kids Klub!!" --- zztop
"Its probably best that you leave it alone and not risk getting into trouble at school." --- Lash
gt24
President
President

Yeah, this is an old thread to bump.

Everything below assumes that you are running Windows 10 after upgrading another version of Windows. None of this applies to a clean Windows 10 install on new hardware (new hardware meaning the hardware is certified to run Windows 10 and has Windows 10 specific drivers).

---

Steam has no problems with Windows 10 (source: I run Windows 10). It also is very stable (refer to source previously).

I have ran into Windows 10 upgrade installs that ran poorly due to driver issues, application issues, or both. I had to troubleshoot both using the Windows Management Console and looking at Windows logs. Some applications (more than you think) require re-installation after going to Windows 10. Some drivers need uninstalled and the Windows 10 version used, or the drivers need reinstalled, or the drivers need replaced with something else (Microsoft or other drivers), or some drivers will NEVER work and the hardware needs replaced (ran into that with wireless and wired networking thus far).

Your specific computer issue won't be easy to troubleshoot. I would verify and trace down and log related issues (if Steam crashed then you have a Windows Management Console log for that which you can explore). Where possible, troubleshoot other application crashes as well (silent crashes in the background causes issues with foreground applications). Reinstall Steam if necessary (shouldn't be necessary).

Hopefully you will figure this out.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Impact
Brig General
Brig General

Problem fixed - re-installed my GPU drivers

(sorry for bumping old thread! Just wanted to update this)
ImageImageImageImage
"Don't spam or we will laugh at your attempts!" --- gt24
"I will protect Impact! Lashypoo wont hurt him!" --- TheDon
"Your my favorite gov member" --- firetiger
"All hail Impact! Our newest member of the Kewl Kids Klub!!" --- zztop
"Its probably best that you leave it alone and not risk getting into trouble at school." --- Lash