computer locks

Post here if you need help with your PC or this site.
hacker assassin
Visitor
Visitor

computer locks

i am going off to college soon and need to find locks for my desktop and laptop. I have a mid tower case and would like for the side door to be locked and possibly have the whole case secured to my desk. My laptop is an 11 inch macbook air. i need to find something to keep it from getting taken when i leave it in my dorm room. do you guys have any recommendations?
Rumpelstiltskin
Major General
Major General

Hardware store buy a heavy chain. Master lock that thing to your desk

Or gorilla glue it no one ain't getting that thing up

If your a man duct tape is your friend
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
The Buddy System FT*W!
Live long TheNation!
Grand Theft Auto Online -- RumpelDon
gt24
President
President

I don't have a recommendation for a cable lock for your laptop. Your laptop should have a port that accepts a cable lock though.

Desktop PCs tend not to have a cable lock port therefore you cannot lock it to your desk. Additionally, only certain cases have a built in lock (which would prevent the side from being removed trivially). I don't think you can retrofit either of those onto an existing case. The most I can say is that you can either use a normal padlock across 2 empty PCI bays and a cable or just run the cable through the PCI bays. No idea about the side panel though.

I don't see desktops walking away (or disassembled) but laptops are a prime target. I don't think you need a very sturdy locking system, you just need enough to prevent the laptop from growing feet.

That being said, I have heard more often that roommates tended to spill drinks onto laptops and destroy them. It may be better to simply lock the laptop away in a case when not in use (so nobody else will use it or spill drinks on it).
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage