Frustrating problem with some of our game servers...

Post here if you need help with your PC or this site.
«DN»Lasky®
Visitor
Visitor

Frustrating problem with some of our game servers...

Look, I am aware that it may be the case that nobody is able to assist me in this, but I thought I would ask anyway, to see if anyone knows what may be causing this...

I have been hosting servers for a long time on my own dedicated box and one or two of our servers keep crashing or the map doesn't load properly. I have tried to reinstall the map, and still got nowhere.

The strange thing is that when I run "sv_map_next" in there, it reloads just fine and it can be played on again. What causes me to be a little annoyed is that I just cannot find the reason why it is happening.

It happens on "Bigass" and "Extreme", I will get names of maps for you but it is more than just these two, but oddly, the rest are just fine but some go offline completely!

:(. Anyone have suggestions?
Dr Lag
Visitor
Visitor

The POQ clan should be able to help you more. Only think I Could recommend is your reinstall Halo CE
these friken algger high pingers-Loyde
I have had less Lag running my call of duty 4 on Windows vista-A Radio
You know, I briefly spoke with you on Xfire a couple days ago, and for the rest of that day I had really bad in-game lag. :O-Shine
And now Lag is the one who is OP-Sock?
I Lag so bad when I engage someone close.-Slither
ImageImageImage
Lag
Thankx Sock? and Dart
«DN»Lasky®
Visitor
Visitor

It's not Halo CE on my side. It only seems to be on the server side. It's not just me that has this issue when it happens. Many people have approached me in the same way that I am approaching CC for some suggestions on what, if anything, could be causing it. I originally thought it was because the drive that the servers are stored was NTFS with compression enabled, but unchecking compression (since there is no way that I will be able to host enough servers to fill a 2TB hard drive) they still do the same thing.

I am at a loss for what to do. I have tried everything I can think of.
I am looking for official relations with [CC].
«DN»Lasky®
Visitor
Visitor

To be a little more detailed...

I have been to the server just now and taken these pictures of the state it was in, this is when I join the server after it being inactive for a few hours...

This is where it hangs when someone joins, but in the Halo lobby, it sends out a player count and a ping, which seem to indicate that it is online, but it only loads this far and gets stuck.

This is after I run the command "map_next" to make it go to the next game, which is on the same map and same game type. In simple terms, it is a server on a dedicated map and single game type (CTF).

This is the same server after I run the command above:

As you can see, it loads just fine, no rejoins, no restarts, just "map_next".

Does anyone have any ideas?
Dr Lag
Visitor
Visitor

I am guessing that the map that doesn't work might be corrupted. Try and find another place to install it from
these friken algger high pingers-Loyde
I have had less Lag running my call of duty 4 on Windows vista-A Radio
You know, I briefly spoke with you on Xfire a couple days ago, and for the rest of that day I had really bad in-game lag. :O-Shine
And now Lag is the one who is OP-Sock?
I Lag so bad when I engage someone close.-Slither
ImageImageImage
Lag
Thankx Sock? and Dart
«DN»Lasky®
Visitor
Visitor

I have downloaded a fresh copy from halomaps.org and installed it. Same thing.
I am looking for official relations with [CC].