any way?

Post here if you need help with your PC or this site.
Doomsday
Staff Sgt
Staff Sgt

any way?

So, i bought the wrong prebuilt. it has an i3 or something like that.
Its a hp, i have the graphics card for it. but its a sff (small form factor) and doesnt take the graphics card. (to large)

any way i can buy a psu and case and have the thing run? i know hp's mb are tricky sometimes.
DOOM. ALL CAPS.
Chem
Lt Colonel
Lt Colonel

Pictures would be nice, is the card to big for the case or is it being blocked by something on the motherboard or what?
Chalkie
Visitor
Visitor

Unfortunately HP build customer motherboards for their small form factor computers, so changing into a standard size case will be extremely tricky, you will need to find a place to mount the 1u power supply.

Also as chem says any pictures would be good, also a picture of the motherboard would be ideal as they sometimes have non-standard connections so knowing what we are working on would be ideal.
Husband and Father of 2 girls, Hastings United fan and website administrator, Geek & Nerd, Coarse Fisherman and comedy lover.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Chem
Lt Colonel
Lt Colonel

Well, a computer case is just there to create a sealed box to control air flow and it acts as a conductor to redirect any electrical charges away from the hardware. If heat isn't a problem then you could just make sure the motherboard doesn't contact the case (or other parts) directly, then it really doesn't matter how you get it done. You can get a new case or use an old one and if it doesn't "fit" right just mount the mobo in as many spots as you can and support any "loose" corners with cardboard to prevent metal on metal contact. Hell, i had my old computer in a cardboard box with a box fan on the side for almost 2 years lol.

But, if its just the card that's too big you could cut a few slots out on the back so the card can stick out but then you get a wiggle issue if you can't get it in tight.
Doomsday
Staff Sgt
Staff Sgt

Chem wrote:Well, a computer case is just there to create a sealed box to control air flow and it acts as a conductor to redirect any electrical charges away from the hardware. If heat isn't a problem then you could just make sure the motherboard doesn't contact the case (or other parts) directly, then it really doesn't matter how you get it done. You can get a new case or use an old one and if it doesn't "fit" right just mount the mobo in as many spots as you can and support any "loose" corners with cardboard to prevent metal on metal contact. Hell, i had my old computer in a cardboard box with a box fan on the side for almost 2 years lol.

But, if its just the card that's too big you could cut a few slots out on the back so the card can stick out but then you get a wiggle issue if you can't get it in tight.
Actually, It's a 750 ti. i'll post pictures later today. sorry about the late response!
DOOM. ALL CAPS.