PC hardware issues

Post here if you need help with your PC or this site.
Dr Lag
Visitor
Visitor

PC hardware issues

So I decided to fix my old PC as my new one is giving me constant errors and keeps crashing.

I need help as to where to put some of the loose wires as my knowledge of computer hardware is limited and not that great.

Here is what the inside of the computer looks like

https://m.facebook.com/lagging.spartan/ ... _0_3&mdf=1

any help would be appreciated.

I also could use help on my other computer which keeps crashing and I can't get a legitimate windows from Microsoft
these friken algger high pingers-Loyde
I have had less Lag running my call of duty 4 on Windows vista-A Radio
You know, I briefly spoke with you on Xfire a couple days ago, and for the rest of that day I had really bad in-game lag. :O-Shine
And now Lag is the one who is OP-Sock?
I Lag so bad when I engage someone close.-Slither
ImageImageImage
Lag
Thankx Sock? and Dart
tom_
Chief MSgt
Chief MSgt

I can't see that link :/
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Chem
Lt Colonel
Lt Colonel

As long as the wires arent touching any heat sinks or getting hit by any fans then it doesn't matter where you put them.

As for your other computers crashing/errors issue, it all depends on what the crash is and what errors you get. Is it a blue screen of death, a hard crash (just shuts right off), is it freezing up then restarting, you gotta be more specific, a lot more specific.
Dr Lag
Visitor
Visitor

Chem wrote:As long as the wires arent touching any heat sinks or getting hit by any fans then it doesn't matter where you put them.

As for your other computers crashing/errors issue, it all depends on what the crash is and what errors you get. Is it a blue screen of death, a hard crash (just shuts right off), is it freezing up then restarting, you gotta be more specific, a lot more specific.
oh okay that explains why the computer doesn't work properly, it makes a noise then freezes for like 5 minutes before restarting.

The other computer I get a error where I get diverted to a blue screen which says I need to uninstall new hardware but I haven't installed anything on that computer which I'm confused by.

@Tom oops I forgot to change the privacy hold up
You know, I briefly spoke with you on Xfire a couple days ago, and for the rest of that day I had really bad in-game lag. :O-Shine
ImageImageImage
Lag
Thankx Sock? and Dart
Chem
Lt Colonel
Lt Colonel

If your getting a bsod that could be a lot of things, depends on the error code. Generally its a corrupted video driver or your ram or harddrive has a fault in it.

Run check disk, type "chkdsk C: /f /r /x" into a command prompt window, open the start menu and search for "cmd" to open command prompt. Note that you will have to restart your computer for this to run since this command forces the drive to unmount which you can't do while running your operating system on the same drive you are checking. Do this for all drives installed, just replace C: with the drive letter.

Also run mem check, search mdsched.exe in the start menu and hit enter to open it. Same as before, it wont run while windows is running so you will have to restart after doing the command.

This is all assuming you are on Windows 10. If not then just google the command. Disk Check should be the same for other operating system but mem check is different i think.
Dr Lag
Visitor
Visitor

Okay I'll try that tomorrow thanks chum
ImageImageImage
Lag
Thankx Sock? and Dart
Dr Lag
Visitor
Visitor

So i am uusing my second computer which is a little sluggish and slow any tips on how to improve it.

P.S i can't even load the Internet on it.
ImageImageImage
Lag
Thankx Sock? and Dart
Chem
Lt Colonel
Lt Colonel

Other then taking off the startup programs that you dont use or need and running CCleaner to get rid of junk files from updates and stuff there isnt much you can do to improve a PC's speed other then upgrading hardware.

CCleaner Download - Select the free download. Select the "Cleaner" Tab if it doesnt default to it and run the analysis BUT when you use this be sure to deselect anything you dont want removed like Internet cookies or saved passwords and stuff. After you do the analysis run the clean option. You can also run the Registry fixer but be sure to save a backup when it prompts you about it. You might have to run it a few times to get it all fixed.

As for Startup cleaning

Windows 10 - Just do Ctrl + Shift + Escape and select the Startup tab and remove the unnecessary stuff. Check to make sure its not something important before disabling it.

Any other operating system you can open task manager and click "File - New Task" and type msconfig and go to the startup tab.