Which graphic card can be handy for high-quality gaming?

Post here if you need help with your PC or this site.
rohit45
Visitor
Visitor

Which graphic card can be handy for high-quality gaming?

Hello friends,
I am building a gaming PC, and I don't have much technical knowledge about it, helping me with this.
And which graphic card should I use so that I can do high-quality gaming. I have analyzed it from some custom PC building sites.
https://buildmypc.net/builds/gaming-pc/
Thank you very much if you do mine.
Chalkie
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Which graphic card can be handy for high-quality gaming?

I typed out a massive thing and this forum software sucks it deleted it and wanted me to log back in.

this was the TLDR and the only reason I have it saved was because i copied and pasted it from a different point to be above a rant about scalping and GPU prices.

So lets get down to the TLDR answering your question which GPU to go for
1080p Gaming at 60fps would be nvidia GTX1660 Super
1080p Gaming at 144hz would be nvidia RTX3060/RTX2060 which ever one is cheaper and available
1440p Gaming at 60fps would be nvidia RTX3070/RTX2070 which ever one is cheaper and available
1440p Gaming at 144hz would be nvidia RTX3080/RTX2080 which ever one is cheaper and available
4k Gaming at 60fps would be nvidia RTX3080/RTX2080 which ever one is cheaper and available
Husband and Father of 2 girls, Hastings United fan and website administrator, Geek & Nerd, Coarse Fisherman and comedy lover.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Chalkie
Visitor
Visitor

I also recommend watching this video about cheap vs expensive gaming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75L8Hrb49A4 - Linus Tech Tips Cheap vs Expensive Gaming!?
Husband and Father of 2 girls, Hastings United fan and website administrator, Geek & Nerd, Coarse Fisherman and comedy lover.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
«DN»Lasky®
Visitor
Visitor

Chalkie wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:47 am I typed out a massive thing and this forum software sucks it deleted it and wanted me to log back in.

this was the TLDR and the only reason I have it saved was because i copied and pasted it from a different point to be above a rant about scalping and GPU prices.

So lets get down to the TLDR answering your question which GPU to go for
1080p Gaming at 60fps would be nvidia GTX1660 Super
1080p Gaming at 144hz would be nvidia RTX3060/RTX2060 which ever one is cheaper and available
1440p Gaming at 60fps would be nvidia RTX3070/RTX2070 which ever one is cheaper and available
1440p Gaming at 144hz would be nvidia RTX3080/RTX2080 which ever one is cheaper and available
4k Gaming at 60fps would be nvidia RTX3080/RTX2080 which ever one is cheaper and available
Hey, Chalkie...

I have an RTX 2060 Super and I have been able to game at a really good rate, it's just a shame that my monitor cannot go beyond 1080p @ 60FPS.

I plan to replace it in due course with perhaps a 2K monitor once they come down in price a little, as over here they are little outside my price bracket.

I did however have a GTX 1060 (OC 6GB version) and that was handling all of my games reasonably well, this being with an 8 core AMD FX-8350. I have built a new PC because I wanted more power as I am going to get in to graphics and video editing, and I wanna see if I can perhaps install my GTX 1060 as extra power for encoding videos and all that. I also want to try and get my PC mostly SSD based with maybe a single huge hard drive for data storage or something since SSD's will be mostly used for thiungs that I need faster access to, such as games and of course the operating system.

Hope this information helps you in some way.
I am looking for official relations with [CC].
Chem
Lt Colonel
Lt Colonel

A bit late to the party, but a 2070 or higher is pretty much golden for 1440p@144hz on any decently optimized game. I'm running a normal 2060 on 1440p@144hz and the only game it can't handle on max settings that I've played is Horizon Zero Dawn. I would suggest getting a 3060 ti or better at least since they are better values, but good luck finding any of them at retail pricing >_>
«DN»Lasky®
Visitor
Visitor

I am using a 2060 Super Chem, and while I am only using it on a 1080P monitor for now, I am planning to get a 2K or even a 4K monitor soon enough, just gotta save up.
I am looking for official relations with [CC].